ZBrushCentral

MyDoodles

Apple)

Attachments

Tribute_to_Steve.jpg

Goblin statue sketch, feel free to criticize)

goblin.jpg

African Nwantantay mask from Barbier-Mueller collection.
Just finished the main part

nwantantay_mask.jpgnwantantay_mask_.jpg

Nice one I totally like the amulett - Keep it going:)
Kind regards,
Kenny

Kenny thank You,
Hope to come up with some mask renders soon

15 min Dynamesh doodle

hard_sketch2.jpg

First try of ProjectionMaster

Marble_pillar.jpg

The column is sweat - Keep it going Faircat.:slight_smile:

That is great!

Are you using Sebastian’s tutorial?

Thank you guys :slight_smile:

MealeaYing yes, tutorial is fantastic)

Hi All,
Here’s my latest sketch. This house stands in front of my and spoil the landscape view :slight_smile:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Your apple image reminds me of the one a Japanese man made where the bite looked like Steve Job’s profile (along with his glasses). It spread world-wide after Steve’s death.

When I first saw your house, the perspective didn’t look right to me- you have the roof ridge-line sloping up rather than down the further away it gets etc. To see if I was correct, I asked someone who knows perspective his opinion. Here is what he said:

Let me try to explain what has gone wrong. When a house is viewed, 2 point perspective requires that the farther away a corner is from the viewer it will be lower on the top and higher on the bottom edge (for example, the roof ridge-line should slope down and the bottom edge of the roof should slop up - the reverse of how you have it). But when you rotate in ZBrush the program does not make that adjustment on the sides or back. So you end up with the opposite effect of the closer side to the viewer being shorter and the distant corner too high. Your almost imperceptible angles at the sidewalk level indicate very distant vanishing points. Therefore the roof would have very little slope along the ridge. It will still distort when you rotate in ZBrush but it will not be as noticeable. Building codes require chimneys to be above the ridge-line so they need to be higher.

You might consider making the ridge-line of the roof horizontal and pretending that the ground slopes uphill toward one of the back corners. This would give the illusion of 3-D. The brickwork has just enough angling to appear to be non-horizontal so I think it is a good compromise.

You made a good effort but you are up against a program that does not understand how our eyes work. One thing that I suggest is that you find how to turn on “perspective” in the program and see if that helps.

LD Thank You for your feedback!
I’ll definitely keep your comments in mind for future projects!
Here are some renders with perspective turned on and chimneys up:

7.jpg9.jpg

Amazing work, really thanks for sharing this!:+1:
Totally love the idea of sculpting this and do a lowpoly model for it and export it to udk,cryengine!
Happy sculpting,

• Kenny:)

Kenny thank you for the kind words!!!

Hi All,
here is another 15 min Sunday doodle.
Had a lot of fun with this little creature :slight_smile:

doodler1.jpgdoodler2.jpg

Hello everybody,
Here is my latest ZBrush work - alien.
C&C are more than welcome!
alien_front.jpg
alien_side.jpg
alien_back.jpg

Another render try

I really like your alien. Hope you take it farther.

Thank you voododad. I’m not sure do i want to take it further. Maybe i’ll try some other render settings and some composition, we’ll see.