ZBrushCentral

SubTool organized in folders, category or tags

This is a request

I do not know if it is possible to do this also don’t know if there is already something doing that.

Work with many subtools ends up being a bit time-consuming and not being able to organize like the folders/colors in photoshop layers makes it one panic the quickly management of many subtools

is it possible a plugin that does that?
I believe that the picture explains it all

like photoshop

Attachments

subtoolorganization.jpg

<dt style="color: rgb(216, 216, 216); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(64, 64, 64); ">The Hotkey “N” for Subtool list all should help.</dt><dt style="color: rgb(216, 216, 216); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(64, 64, 64); "> http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/SubTools#SubTool_List_All

and for quick work of many smaller parts you could alt click and if they are too close together using xpose view helps.
http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/SubTools#Xpose_View</dt>

Thanks jawa64

I know about that, help a lot.
but still unorganized :smiley:

I really would like this so much. Basically like Photoshop with namable folders. Decimate by folder. Export All by folder. Move subtools into and out of folders.

I really need this and its highly requested by all of the character artists at Epic Games.

We can’t be the only ones who would benifit greatly from folder based work flow.

these suggestions you gave are great!! export folder, decimate folder, etc :smiley:

This is really strange if the people do not to see the great utility to have everything organizedwhen we have a lot of subtools is terrible. show and hide some subtools, find that bit in the middle of several subtools…

I believe this is not possible to do it with plugin :frowning: should be an interface upgrade

they have something almost ready…

It’s true it would be usefull, personnally I get all my similar subtool to the same subdiv level then merge them keeping the polygroups and use a lot the mask tool to work objet individually so I have a pretty small subtool number :slight_smile:

I would love this feature! I currently have multiple characters in one scene to pose with each other and when I want to view one character I have to show all then hide all the subtools on one character. As the subtools grow this is more of a pain. I could combine subtools but then it becomes less polygons I can sculpt on per object before my computers bogged down.

Please, I honestly don’t understand why this hasn’t happened, hell layers should work in the same way.

bump

Please add subtool folders to v5.

+1 on feature request, useful for all artists seeing as zModeller is here, box modelling in zBrush is on it’s way up.

Hello,

I made a plugin (“ZSceneManager”) which allows to organize your SubTools in folders. It also provide other operations (partial export, partial GoZ, rename, incremental rename, VisibilityConfigs, …) based on multi-subtools selection.

The dedicated thread is here:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?198711-ZSceneManager-plugin-(SubTools-folders)

Feel free to post your comment and requests in this thread.
I hope this plugin will be usefull for you.