New Member Follow User Gallery

Lightbulb SubTool organized in folders, category or tags

This is a request

I do not know if it is possible to do this also don't know if there is already something doing that.

Work with many subtools ends up being a bit time-consuming and not being able to organize like the folders/colors in photoshop layers makes it one panic the quickly management of many subtools

is it possible a plugin that does that?
    I believe that the picture explains it all

like photoshop

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Smile

<dt style="color: rgb(216, 216, 216); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(64, 64, 64); ">The Hotkey "N" for Subtool list all should help.</dt><dt style="color: rgb(216, 216, 216); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(64, 64, 64); "> http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index....bTool_List_All

and for quick work of many smaller parts you could alt click and if they are too close together using xpose view helps.
    http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index....ols#Xpose_View</dt>
    Last edited by jawa64; 02-08-12 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jawa64 View Post
    <dt style="color: rgb(216, 216, 216); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(64, 64, 64); ">The Hotkey "N" for Subtool list all should help.</dt><dt style="color: rgb(216, 216, 216); font-family: sans-serif; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(64, 64, 64); "> http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index....bTool_List_All

and for quick work of many smaller parts you could alt click and if they are too close together using xpose view helps.
    http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index....ols#Xpose_View</dt>
    Thanks jawa64

I know about that, help a lot.
    but still unorganized

I really would like this so much. Basically like Photoshop with namable folders. Decimate by folder. Export All by folder. Move subtools into and out of folders.

I really need this and its highly requested by all of the character artists at Epic Games.

We can't be the only ones who would benifit greatly from folder based work flow.

Quote Originally Posted by rv_el View Post
    I really would like this so much. Basically like Photoshop with namable folders. Decimate by folder. Export All by folder. Move subtools into and out of folders. I really need this and its highly requested by all of the character artists at Epic Games. We can't be the only ones who would benifit greatly from folder based work flow.
    these suggestions you gave are great!! export folder, decimate folder, etc

This is really strange if the people do not to see the great utility to have everything organizedwhen we have a lot of subtools is terrible. show and hide some subtools, find that bit in the middle of several subtools...

I believe this is not possible to do it with plugin should be an interface upgrade

they have something almost ready...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixolator View Post
    Interface Enhancements. Sub-palette sections will allow you to control the length of each sub-palette simply by collapsing or un-collapsing sub-sections. Show what you need, when you need it! Moreover, a new Magnify option allows you to zoom into portions of the canvas or interface. This is especially useful when recording videos or turntables.
    © 2012 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

It's true it would be usefull, personnally I get all my similar subtool to the same subdiv level then merge them keeping the polygroups and use a lot the mask tool to work objet individually so I have a pretty small subtool number

Burlingame, CA (15 mi. South of San Francisco)

I would love this feature! I currently have multiple characters in one scene to pose with each other and when I want to view one character I have to show all then hide all the subtools on one character. As the subtools grow this is more of a pain. I could combine subtools but then it becomes less polygons I can sculpt on per object before my computers bogged down.
    Tim Woody
    3d Artist- Looking for Work
    Portfolio Website

Please, I honestly don't understand why this hasn't happened, hell layers should work in the same way.
    Cheers,
    Blake Withers

Sketchbook

Portfolio

bump

Please add subtool folders to v5.

+1 on feature request, useful for all artists seeing as zModeller is here, box modelling in zBrush is on it's way up.

Default ZSceneManager plugin

Hello,

I made a plugin ("ZSceneManager") which allows to organize your SubTools in folders. It also provide other operations (partial export, partial GoZ, rename, incremental rename, VisibilityConfigs, ...) based on multi-subtools selection.

The dedicated thread is here:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...ols-folders%29

Feel free to post your comment and requests in this thread.
    I hope this plugin will be usefull for you.
    *** ZSceneManager plugin *** (1.8 is released ! )
    (SubTool organizer in dedicated window, subtool Folders, Multi-SubTools sculpting/posing/painting, and many more...)