Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Loss of Motivation

Hey all, I am posting this in hopes that somebody will talk some sense into me and get me out of this funk I am in. I recently graduated from college in December, the first few weeks were fine. I sat at my computer and worked on some models. In school, I was known for always working on something, I was always pushing others to do their work and trying to motivate people. Sadly, I feel my motivation has run its course. Over the past month I have done little to no 3d work. I will sit and may work for a few minutes and I will lose complete concentration. I feel terrible because I want to work on something, but I cannot get the motivation to do anything. It's like when you are really hungry, and food sounds great, but you do not know what to make or nothing sounds good. I am having a real hard time figuring out what I want to do. In school I focused my time modeling characters, but I am finding there are no character jobs open, and if there are they are senior level. So I decided to start working on environment's, that lasted a few days and I realized I am lost. My question is that is this something that everybody goes through and that I will eventually come out of? I am also asking if I should stick with characters, or should I focus on something such as environments for now to get a job? I guess I am just feeling really lost and confused at the moment and need some helpful advise.

Thanks,

Adio
    Last edited by adio38; 02-05-12 at 12:23 PM.

Download this wallpaper and get motivated (posted by Mark Dygert).
    Last edited by makebox; 02-05-12 at 04:41 PM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I wish I had time to be unmodivated. I get a lot of inspiration from movies and artwork.

Default Some people can...

Some people can go through entire lives and never be at a loss for motivation or inspiration...
    Then there's the rest of us.
    You are a bit burned out after the schedule of school. You now have to give yourself deadlines and projects, and
    most importantly, goals...no easy task.

Moderator Follow User Gallery

You've probably pressured yourself a bit much. Just take a break and relax. Do something different, away from your computer. There's no sense in staring at the screen wishing you could do something.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up Motivation teams

Hey.. We all got the moment sometimes. Contact me for motivations or monitoring both work in progress..