ZBrushCentral

Request - Assign different color to subtools

I’m looking for a script that fills each subtool with a different color.
In this way I can select the flat material and render a “subtool mask” with bpr, to use in photoshop compositing.

a plus would be if it kept consistency, maybe based on the subtool name

Do you guys know if something like this already exist?
or maybe some little angle wants to do it? :slight_smile:

tnx

Fil

Hey. I know this is WAAY late but I finally got some time to take a crack at this. Right now it does it totally random. So if you click it again the colors will change. I am not sure right away how I would make it consistent and easy…

I have attached the stand alone script but I have also rolled it into my plugin if you want to check it out.

zbrush_plugin.jpg

dude thanks a lot!
I’m gonna try it tonight

:slight_smile:

Maybe just have a palette list ordered from top to bottom, and have it apply to subtools in the same order?

If the palette had drag n drop rearranging, a user could select his color choices (maybe have save options) rearraqnge them for the current subtool set, and then apply them.

works perfectly.

garee is right,
if you just followed an array of colors (even hardcoded, no real need to customize them) instead of going random it would have been even better, but it’s cool anyway. :slight_smile:

tnx again!

If the palette had drag n drop rearranging

Do plugins even have this feature?! If so this is blowing my mind!

if you just followed an array of colors (even hardcoded, no real need to customize them)

See I was thinking about that but where is the end? 50 colors? 100? That is a huge list to run thru and I have had way more than 50 subtools before on a character. I was thinking about having the script check to see how many subtools their are and then make that many colors but it was getting complicated and just making it random was quick :stuck_out_tongue:

I see your point and you’re right, it’s pretty easy to get to 50 or more subtools.
Don’t worry it’s totally secondary :slight_smile:

Hey. I know this is WAAY late but I finally got some time to take a crack at this. Right now it does it totally random. So if you click it again the colors will change. I am not sure right away how I would make it consistent and easy…

Pandora Charms UKPandora Beads SalePandora Charms SalePandora Bracelets Sale