ZBrushCentral

Announcing ZBrush 4R3

Just under a month ago, Pixologic released the powerful new ZBrush 4R2b. In addition to enhancing the BPR capabilities of ZBrush, this new version also added innnovative and exciting features such as FiberMesh™ and MicroMesh.
:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view the 4R2b features page.

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view the 4R2b tutorial movies.

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view the Z4R2 feature list.

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view video tutorials demonstrating Z4R2’s features.

:large_orange_diamond:Click Here to view artwork created by Z4R2’s beta testers.

We weren’t done! Pixologic is pleased to announce the upcoming release of ZBrush 4R3.
This update includes new features and expands the features introduced in previous versions.

Enhancements Include:

FiberMesh™. Significant advancements to the FiberMesh™ settings provide you with greater control and flexibility. Curve modifiers have now been added to a number of FiberMesh™ settings including: Length, Coverage, Gravity and Color Profile. Revolve has also been added as a new setting. Textures applied to FiberMesh™ and MicroMesh objects can now be transparent (true black pixels will be hidden), allowing even greater diversity in their use. FiberMesh™ settings can now be saved and loaded as needed it. In addition, various FiberMesh™ presets will ship with ZBrush 4R3. These presets can be pre-viewed in Lightbox, as well as modified and shared amongst ZBrush artists. Once you have styled your FiberMesh™ to perfection, export the fiber guides to other applications for further use. Moreover, fibers can also be exported as unique vector displacement maps to be rendered in external applications.

Vector Displacement Maps. ZBrush 4R3 will export both 16-bit and 32-bit Vector Displacement maps, providing you with a powerful and easy way to export your sculpted details to other programs for rendering. Take full advantage of the capabilities inside rendering engines by using maps to displace the surface in any direction, including undercuts.

BPR to Geo. You can now convert your MicroMesh and FiberMesh™ renders into actual geometry with a single click. The resulting geometry can be further edited. With the additions of the dot preview and Spin Edge features, control the direction of any MicroMesh before rendering or converting into geometry for future edits.

NoiseMaker. We are pleased to be releasing the NoiseMaker plugin. This powerful enhancement to ZBrush 4R3 allows you to create a wide variety of noise and patterns. With over 25 parametric generators, limitless combinations, and the ability to work in both 3d and UV mode, NoiseMaker is sure to help get the job done. NoiseMaker, will now use interpolated masking per polygon for an accurate display of noise and patterns even on lower polygon meshes. Furthermore, NoiseMaker features ZBrush navigation style, a larger preview window and new masking capabilities to provide multiple scaling options to your noise.

Interface Enhancements. Sub-palette sections will allow you to control the length of each sub-palette simply by collapsing or un-collapsing sub-sections. Show what you need, when you need it! Moreover, a new Magnify option allows you to zoom into portions of the canvas or interface. This is especially useful when recording videos or turntables.

Render Enhancements. With the ability to cast shadows and silhouettes based on any Micromesh and FiberMesh™ (including fibers with a transparent texture applied), the ZBrush 4R3 BPR (best preview render) rendering system takes your final image a step further.

Auto Updating. ZBrush 4R3 will include a new web-enabled update feature. Enjoy “click of a button” access to check if new updates or plugins are available from Pixologic. Never miss a new plugin or enhancement!

ZBrush 4R3 will also include further enhancements and fixes for items reported and identified in ZBrush 4R2b.

We know everyone will enjoy this newest release, and all of the enhancements and features we’ve packed inside. We look forward to seeing the dynamic ways, each of you will make use of these new capabilities.

Happy ZBrushing:)

-Pixolator

ZBrush 4R3
is scheduled for release on
Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It will be a free update for all registered users. Update instructions will be provided at time of release.

Following the release of 4R3 we will also be making an update available for floating license sites.

© 2012 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

z4r3image123.jpg

Can’t wait for the new features! Keeps getting better and better!

Thank you. Looks great.

Awesome stuff once again!!! Too many new features !

Awesome!

i want to marry you zbrush :slight_smile:

“Just when I thought I was done learning… They pull me back in!”

Pure Awesomeness! Nuff Said!

Goodness gracious yet more amazing additions . One’s mind goggles and boggles.

Oh my God!!! Pixologic is THE most generous developer ever! I can’t wait to play.

Vector Displacement! oh my!

Oh my God…Awesome!!! :smiley: Thanks Pixologic.

vector displacement will rock my socks!

My brain just popped!! I’ll make it in Zbrush just to describe the sensation! :lol:

Another update? ANOTHER UPDATE!!! Pixologic rules!!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
I was joking to my friends a few days ago that Pixologic should put Zbrush on Steam for auto update feature, and now Z4R3 gets auto update!
What’s next? Achievements? :smiley:

Omg I LOVE you Pixologic! I didn’t even get to play with ZBrush 4R2B yet! (Too busy programming, not enough time for 3D at the moment sadly :frowning: )

I can’t wait to try this new version, and I LOVE the autoupdate!

ExcellentCan’t wait for the new features ! ! ! :wink:

Great news!!
I can’t wait for it to come out. :smiley:

Looks great, hopefully there will also be some fixes for the bugs (brush lag, etc.) in R2b. Any word on QRemesher?

I edited the quote to ask if the transparent also works with MicoMesh?