ZBrushCentral

Sam's sketchbook

Hi everyone,

I’ve been lurking for a long time now, and playing around with Zbrush for about 8 months on and off. Real work keeps getting in the way though, so it’s slow going so far. I’ve been enjoying every minute of it though, and can’t wait for the day that this is all I do for a living. Let me know what you all think. All opinions and critiques are welcome and encouraged, you can’t get better living in a bubble!

Attachments

aries-warrior4.jpg

Here are shots of some more of the stuff that I’ve been playing around with. Any comments or critiques are welcome.

-Sam

Attachments

aries angry1edited.jpg

fishgirl fathom pose2blurred.jpg

Question for anyone looking, how do I attach files without them being seen as thumbnails? Probably an easy answer, but for me, not. Thanks.

-Sam

Cool sculpts

I use the button with the paperclip icon at the right end of the top row above the input window to attach my images. I never have a problem with the images being thumbnail size.

Ezra

steampunk-girl-with-better-.jpg
Thanks Ezra! That did it, I can now post more stuff. Here’s a face that I’ve been working on.

-Sam

Beautiful works .:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

great works!

nice portraits dude

Here’s the latest piece I’ve been working on. I did some render passes and then put them together in Photoshop. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Assume I know nothing. I really want to learn as much as I can, but really don’t even know what I don’t know. Still pretty much guessing my way through the process though. Thanks everyone.
-Sam

Looking really cool! Her mid-section looks nicely done IMO. It looks like there is some Z-fighting or duplicated meshes tho near where her feet would be?

Really fantastic work , totally love the sculpt and the idea behind it :-):+1:
Great detailing, looking forward to see the end result and the super high detailed version of it!
Cheers and happy sculpting,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

Here’s a shot of the Fishgirl piece after playing around with her in Photoshop. Still learning, any advice is greatly appreciated!

-Samfishgirl-single-layer1.5.jpg

This is awesome! I think the hair is the only thing holding this back. I’m not really sure what I would do. It just looks like its painted as part of the background instead of being part of the model.

Good call Jason! The hair is really unfinished on the sculpt, so I tried smudging it around so that it wouldn’t stand out. Of course my crappy painting skills just made it stand out more. :slight_smile:

-Sam

Nice work Sam. I’m really liking the theme and the sculpt itself as well.

In regards to the hair, I think that maybe playing around with Fibermesh and trying to get something that stands out even more than paint. You can also use the BPR filters to get some really nice effects that may help to blend the Fibermesh hair into the background more.

Also there is composite rendering in Photoshop, You could render everything in layers and then composite them together in Photoshop to get the desired effect.

I do however think that the juxtaposition of the painted background to the 3d figure is really nice. Keep it up, looking forward to seeing more.

Best - Iain

Thanks for the comments everyone. I’m having more fun with this zbrush stuff than anything I’ve done in a very long time.
Iain-I’ve been playing with Fibremesh, but really am not getting the hang of it yet. For now though, here’s a shot of the piece I worked on today. Let me know what you all think.
-Samflattened.jpg

cool work on your latest model, but I think you did mindblowing work on your piece of the fish woman, just astonishing totally love it!:+1:
Definently keep up the great work and looking forward seeing more from you!
All the best mate and happy sculpting,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

wow nice, love the tribal work on her face, it really adds to the character.

Your sculp are going better and better , amazing , thanks for sharing.
i love the concept :+1:

ya know it’s funny - i can already tell by the thumbnails that this is your work. very distinct. …and well done!