ZBrushCentral

Parasaurolophus Dinosaur Sculpture

Hello everyone, this is my first Dinosaur sculpture…

Comments please =)

Attachments

Render1.jpg

Render4.jpg

Render3.jpg

Render2.jpg

Great wrinkles and detail on the body, but you need some on the head around the mouth and eyes, where there is some compress and repeated used of the muscles and skin.

Hope that helps.

Helps alot, and you are right! Have to redetail that area!

hi cultrix, and welcome to zbc… your parasaurolophus caught my eye, since i am working on one myself. yours is far more ahead :slight_smile: i think you captured the essence of these animals very well. one point is the front legs, they don’t seem to carry weight (actually it looks as if they don’t reach to the ground) but as the stance is the rear legs dont carry the weight either (he would fall on his face, as the center of gravity is too far in front)… i would suggest to let one of his front feet go to ground, and it will be perfect… overall, very nice sculpt, capturing these dinosaurs in ther character :slight_smile:

Ty kokoro, my first thread in Zbrush Central and my first completed model =P I followed your advices and did this…

1-3.jpg
2-3.jpg
3-4.jpg
4-3.jpg
5-2.jpg

Comment please =p

yes :slight_smile: exactely what i meant. looks very good now… your first model, wow, you are a quick learner. i am definitely looking forward to see more from you… :slight_smile:

Thank man, I have to ask you, and alot of Zbrush users… when you start modeling something, sometimes you lose interest and you just want to start another sculpt… and happens to me, alot!

Happens to you guys too?

That happens to me all the time. It’s one of the reasons I post updates two or three times a day, just to keep me interested in what I’m doing.:stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Cultrix, this piece is looking really great so far but I would love to see it polypainted! I think it would look lovely with some colour on it, do you paint many of your models?

I know what you mean about losing interest with a sculpt sometimes, but I think it can be good to work on several at once. That’s what I tend to do these days anyway. I find it helps to leave a sculpt and come back to it a few days or even weeks later and look upon it with fresh eyes because I rekon about 90% of the time you will suddenly start seeing mistakes or areas that need to be improved! Then you can edit it to make it even better overall. :slight_smile:

I’m starting to do the same… i mean… i start 1 sculpt, then stop when i’m at 60% of the sculpt, then return, get more 5% and so on and so forth…

Really depends on the model… i try to polypaint… some get good, others get terrible… on this one i tryed 2 times, and wen’t awful =/

Hey! Sorry I forgot to respond to your private email a while back!!!

As far as anatomy goes, a real hadrosaurs tail sticks strait out behind its hips, level to the ground the whole length through. There is very little droop at all because the tail has ossified tendons almost the entire length of the tail. In life there would be a little bit of sway, but no ‘old school’ droop to it. Take a look at some of Scott Hartman’s skeletons at skeletaldrawing.com he has a para in there somewhere. You might also like to take a closer look at the hands, the three separate finger actually form one solid “mitt” as proven by well preserved mummies. The little finger on the outside is still separate though. The also walk on the tip toes of that mitt, so your para will have a taller more graceful deerlike posture. Try giving him more bulging ankle bones as well.
SOrry to be so nerdy about it!!!

There is some really nice textures there, it doesn’t look overworked.

David Krentz

Thank you very much David. As for the pose, next time, it will be more “real” and more graceful. As for the texture… I tried some paintings but they looked awful…

Wise is your “nerdy” language =)

Next render will be with texture and a better pose, stay tuned! =P

After the critics, i decided to resculpt the dinosaur, i entered dinamesh, remade the hands, the feet, changed the head a little bit and merged the nails and the body in one single mesh.

Going to retopologize so i can start with the details and polypainting, but before I do that, i would like a final comment from you guys…

SideWIP.jpg
PerfilWIP.jpg

This model is going to be the first sculpture+model in my portofolio, so i want this model to be awesome :slight_smile:

Remodel :red_circle: or Retopologize :small_blue_diamond: :question:

Thank you very much! :+1: