ZBrushCentral

Sculp Fiction

So finally I’m starting a sketchbook of me own, I will post varied sculpts whenever I have the time and hoping to get massive crits!
Without further ado, first one’s out is…Frank! from Disney’s (1991?) “The Rescuers Down Under”
One of my favourites.

Ref:s
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16029672/Frank/14834-15825.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16029672/Frank/Rescuersdownunder-disneyscreencaps_com-5201.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16029672/Frank/frank_character sheet.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16029672/Frank/frank_face_front.jpg

frank_wip_04.jpg
frank_wip_05.jpg
frank_wip_06.jpg

I love him he is so cute! The sculpt is great and I love his hands and feet. I think you did a good job with him. The only thing I would say (and this is probably b/c he is so animated in the cartoon) is that he doesn’t seem to be as lanky. But i should probably not be comparing a still 3d to the animated 2d

I can’t wait to see more of your work :smiley:

wow, thanks!
and yes, that’s exactly what you should do, It’s the character that’s the essence no matter if it’s 2D or 3D, but I understand what you mean. Sometimes you must make changes to make it work in 3D.

I appreciate the feedback and I agree, I will try to make him more “lanky” =) (learned a new word :slight_smile: )

Update then. I’m glad I have several things to work on at the same time, you get so blind, so it’s wise to switch between models to get a fresh look next time!Deflated his entire body some and tweaked the hands. Think I’m closer to capture him now. I’m still considering his feet to be too big, eh? but I kinda like it though.frank_wip_07.jpgfrank_wip_08.jpg

Elongated his body, not sure what i think, is it better? gonna leave this for now.frank_wip_09.jpg

wow, what a character ! really good one. yes, i like the elongated body more, , and the feet are good size, i think, as he has to balance the weight of the frill(hope this is the correct english word for the thing around the neck, sorry) when walking. and, its an optical balance as well :slight_smile: very nice guy. really like him.

Really cool character - love the expression!!!

thank you so much for the crits!
Yes frill is correct as I have learned he’s based on the australian frill-neck lizard =)
Frill-Neck-Lizard.jpg

Updating with a piece I’ve been fiddling with recently.
A redesign on tmnt. I’m going for a gritty mirage-look mixed up with some “realism” if you could say so. I want him(whomever I’m doing of the quartet) to look teenage, a bit scrawny, but muscular enough to put up a fight. In the comics, if I recall correctly they’re said to be about 130 cm tall (correct me if I’m wrong) so that’s also a base ingredient.

I’m taking some liberties concerning their trademarks like weapons etc. Thinking of making one an archer and looking for tips on other effective traditional japanese weapons. Probably not going to do all of them anyway, but they should all wear read bandanas or perhaps masks. It’s just that masks seems ridoncolous considering they are meant to be a disguise(In normal cases). You can clearly see it’s a huge anamorphic turtle beneath! However I still think it looks pretty cool and gives a mystique to the character and breaks up the face. However, since I heard they’re based on the red eared slider, perhaps that red color could be enough.

We’ll see. Furthermore, in case I would do more, they are going to look slightly different(Raphael is going to be the most buffed up and Michelangelo the tiniest(think of the 2007 CG-versions) and have different skincolors with personal weapons and gears to be able to easily tell them apart. So for now we can just agree on that I’m doing Donatello as he was always my fav cause of his tech mind :slight_smile:
I havent decided regarding their outfits. Should they just wear belts and straps like before or wear clothes of some sort? I’m totally up for suggestions. Lastly, I’m stepping away from the 3 finger, 2 toes concept in an effort to make them more humanlike.

Inspirations
tmnt_inspiration.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16029672/Toddlers_Don_Mike.gif

My Zbrush sculpt

Thanks for watching and hope you like it! if not, tell my why :slight_smile:

So thought I should dump some I’m working on now and then.
It’s characters from the famous french comic and movies of Lucky Luke. I did Luke couple years ago in maya, but I’m going to revising him in zbrush along the others. Anyway, here they are.

luke_comp.jpg

jolly_wip_01.JPG

billy_wip_01.jpg

phil_defer_wip_01.jpg

Hi Geuse,

Nice likeness of all of the charas with exception of Luke.

I think his Chin and nose are Not round/ bowed enough.
and May be his Head is a Little too Big and his Curl is too small
but could be i am in Favor of an older Version of him.

Thanks and I agree, which is the reason I’m going to remake him in zbrush. This is the reference I’m going to use. Never saw this when I started on the previous version and I took some liberties while trying to stay in character, but I think this one looks better and look like it comes straight from the comic book which is what I’m aiming for now.
luckyluke_statue_04.jpg

Thanks for the critique!

Long time, but I’ve been reworking luke on and off for a while, every now and then :o

But, I can’t seem to get him right, and I think it’s due to the fact that he’s drawn different in the comics from time to time. The thing I’m really messing around with is the proportions legs/torso. too short, too long?
Any crits are greatly appreciated.

luke_wip_01.jpg

Attachments

luke_wip_01.jpg

Every couple of years I get into sculpting again and this is the most recent wip.

batman_tas_wip_01.jpg