Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Cool The Big Bad Wolf...

...is jealous!
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Awesome! Any chance of sharing your render set up?

If someone can tame this beast, than you. Congrats for the top row.

Cheers

Ralf

Came out great, I particularly like the way the fur differs depending on where it is on the character.

I can just concur with everybody else, really nice work on the fiber mesh and on the rendering of the wear wolf.
    He is looking pretty mean, really digging it!
    Keep up the great work.
    Best,
    - Kenny

Wow thanks everyone I didn't expect this much of a response to this.
    I really appreciate it. I have been struggling to try and get a decent image mainly because I have forgotten most of what I learned in ZB as it has been a while since I have had the chance to play with it. And it is now full of so many new features. Last time was probably about a year ago when I was doing some of the MIB3 designs . One of my ZB MIB designs we grew and molded and made an animatronic character and I gave the ZB file to Image Works who used it for the digital model. That was fun and cool but since that time I was crazy busy working on MIB and after that working on a book about my career. The book came to a grinding halt when I was offered a job that I couldn't pass up as soon as I finish I will go back to my book.

Anyways, Greg nice to hear from you. Yah I had to do a Robot Monster for the retro alien scene. Looking forward to your Gremlin, I'v seen a lot of really good ones posted here.

Nj0r0ge you made me laugh and i was flattered and no I just used the basic materials for the skin and for the hair for that matter.

Brian,sorry I missed your ZB event I'm sure I could have learned a lot.

Avatarsw, Thank you .I don't consider myself a real artist , just a guy who likes to make stuff and who is lucky enough to be able to make a living at it. I like learning new things and playing around with things like ZB.

Hey Blaine nice to hear from another old timer here on ZBC hows the weather up there?

Frenchy and Stumpf again,nice to hear from another old timer here on ZBC

Mogrelman thanks for noticing yes that is something that i wanted to do with this and I think is important

Thanks to the rest of you you made an old man happy.
    I do hope to be able to get back to this and finish him up at least a little more.

Thumbs up

Just want to let you know, Master Rick, I started to learn ZBrush because I saw your inspirational works. I am art student who love traditional sculpting but now I gonna focus on digital sculpting because I saw your digital works here and of course, I really love your make-up works especially the Wolfman. Moreover, after I have seen this great beast with fiber-mesh technique, I registered to this forum just to say this message into your thread. and I will follow you because you are my idol.
    Last edited by TonyChaiwong; 03-27-12 at 10:51 PM.

Rick,

I've been a fan of your work since Schlock and I still think one of the best on-screen transformations ever is your werewolf from American Werewolf in London. My brother and I always wanted to get into makeup and special effects because of you and Dick Smith....

Your work seems to have a level of finesse that I rarely see in many Zsculpts and it's always a pleasure to see when you're posting something new...you definitely inspire!

Didn't mean to gush so much but what can I say?!

Outstanding work as always!
    Last edited by wizzie14u; 03-27-12 at 09:59 PM. Reason: typo

Hey Rick, (I can't believe I'm addressing Mr Rick Baker as "Rick" lol) I watched the MST3K version of "The Incredible Melting Man" the other night, and while it was a god-awful movie, the one redeeming quality was your work on the title character. They should have used the tagline "You will believe a man can melt!" And of course it came out the same year as Star Wars Episode IV, which is still the standard by which humanoid aliens on film are (or should be) judged from then until now. Just incredible work on both movies. And your Zbrush works are stunning as well. It's a touch intimidating to me that your "unfinished" work is a million times better than anything I'll ever accomplish, but at the same time it inspires me to test the boundaries and see how good I can be. Please keep inspiring us for years to come.
    Deviantart

An old dog, learning some new tricks.
    Finished works
    Push the button, Frank!

Joel: I can't do it... this just isn't working. I don't know how Shatner does it every week!
    Crowe T. Robot: I don't know why he does it, or who lets him do it!

nice work, a lot of passion in it, congratulate

Oh man I just spent about a half of an hour typing a really long heartfelt thanks to the people who replied hit preview post the it said that I wasn't logged it and I lost it. Damn computers.I'll try later after work

DOH! Great use of FiberMesh nice feel, I gotta try it.

Congratz Rick !

Thanks for sharing with us all. It is hard working, talented people like yourself that makes coming to ZBC so special! Thanks so much for the inspiration over the years!

Peace-NickZ.

Fabulous work as always, Rick!

Great to see you back again, and looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Chuck

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111218 ... LastLast