ZBrushCentral

0.0.0 (Origin)

Hey guys. This is a character I started in 2007. I only completed the head but had the concept and basic body stuff like wings and legs etc… layed out in Max - No zbrushing etc… though. It sat that way for a long time and then I decided to dig him back up (especially thanks to a few friends who thought it would be cool if I worked on it more and completed)

0.0.0 / Origin : The character has a really wacky back story (For such a bizarro concept). I’ll save you from that shtuff :). He is from this world called Buhm Town… Anyways.

Full set of images are here:small_orange_diamond:: http://www.pseudo-pod.com/temp/000/000.htm

ZB Sculpt (2012)

Head sculpt in 2007 (Probably ZB3)

Basic “Concept” from 2007

Pistol (2012)

Zbrush

I used ZAppLink to help lay out feather patterning on his body and where they would lie. Then I also used that as a base texture for basic skin pattern. Zdecimator was heavily used. The character was broken up into pieces and worked on as so. Head / Upper Body / Lower Body (Waist line down) / Pistol. Though i’ll bring in a giant heavily decimated chunk to see relationships of shapes and proportions etc… I prefer to work in passes, low poly to high.

Attachments

wip3.jpg

000PistolZB.jpg

concept.jpg

000zb.jpg

WOW! Brilliant concept and excecution! Let me be the first to call TOP ROW!

Great Render and Sculpt…I especially like the wings and feathers…Congrats

I thought the deal with the AA’s was clever.

fantastic concept and model!, it would be cool to see some wireframe of this guy
congrats another masterpiece from you!

Oh man !! Faaaantastic ! :+1:

haha, dope mike! :slight_smile:

i’m diggin it

Perfect … absolutly stunning!:smiley:

voodoodad: Thanks man!!! Sadly doesn’t look like its gonna happen. Seems to be slow updates in general too :/. I dunno. But thanks anyways.

BlueFerret: Thanks. Its fun doing tore up feathers. Basically I made a basic set of feathers big and small. There are 2 base big ones. Then I made some alternative colored ones off the same thing. Then I just bent them around and hand cut into them for the shredded up parts. Just cut in faces and deleted out chunks. So mostly theres only a couple of feathers in there. Layed them out using good pivot placement in max. Advance Painter for some actually. And then bend modifiers. I find slathering on the modifiers BEFORE copying things around is a good thing to do :slight_smile:

Load : Thanks. I’ll have to post up some wires if i can get around to it. they are nothing too special though :/.

Cody: Thanks man! Glad somebody digs it :). Good to see some people are liking it. shrug.

I should post up some of the reference. I used a lot of like Chicken Foot reference. Directly even :). Birds. Ravens and what not. Angel wing reference. And F14 Tomcats. All the parts on him are pseudo-F14 Tomcat type stuff. Researching that was fun and awesome.