ZBrushCentral

The Champ - Blendshape and rigging RnD

Here’s a new character I designed, modeled, rigged(using Rapid Rig: Advanced script), animated and rendered.
animation here:
https://vimeo.com/39210017
<iframe src=“http://player.vimeo.com/video/39210017” width=“500” height=“281” frameborder=“0” webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I’m testing a new pipeline for my character creation workflow, and this is the phase I was mostly testing my facial shapes and a bit the rig as well. Modeling and Blendshapes were done in Zbrush(retopo in Topogun).
There are some imperfections and details that are still work in progress, but overall I’m really excited about the result, and future looks bright for this work method.
Now I need to put some cloths and other details on the guy(maybe hair and textures as well.)Questions and comments are welcome!
Cheers!
Software used: Maya, Zbrush, Topogun, rapid rig:advanced

Attachments

facial_image_montage.jpg

The excessively unnatural deformations really give this a likable charm!

Oh my goodness! this is amazing :smiley: Those facial expressions and movements look so natural. I also like the extreme changes between expressions. Hehe he kinda looks like the rock :stuck_out_tongue: Good job on this.

Thanks for the kind words guys! :slight_smile:

:smiley:

looks great, good use of blend shapes:), looking forward to more.

Hey I saw this the other day but didn’t have time to reply then when I checked back on ZBC it was gone. Just saw you reply on another thread so I am replying now. I think this is really cool, and very fun ,really well done animation.

Thanks Polo2011 and MonsterMaker! Glad you guys like it!

MonsterMaker: Yeah, thinks go down the forum at the speed of light, it’s really hard to keep track of all the posts.
Thanks you for taking the time to write back about it, knowing people appreciate your work is really rewarding. :slight_smile:

Cheers!

amazing work, i hope you have in mind some kind of shortfilm, your character design, blendshapes and animation has some much appeal.:+1:

Thanks Moga!
Always good to have some positive comments! And I’m really gld you think it’s appealing, because I think it’s something really hard to nail.
Stay tuned for more! :wink: