ZBrushCentral

Marvel Rhino Speed Sculpt

Was in the mood to do one of my favourite Marvel villains, the Rhino, as a speedsculpt but actually spent 2 hours on it rather than an hour (over lunch). It’s not done yet as I need to rework a couple of things and then add in some more details and then polypaint and render nicely but I think it’s off to a good start…

Attachments

rhino3shot.jpg

Nice job on The Rhino wizzie, I’m glad you gave him more defined texture throughout the shoulders and back area. Keep up the good work!:+1:

Thanks for the compliment, Truubluu! Here’s the final sculpt on the Rhino. I tweaked some details and used Transpose Master to angle his torso (from the neck down) back a bit to give it a bit more form. Next up will be UVs and then onto polypainting…

I really wanted to keep the face/head styled after the original comic version but then mixed in the more modern parts (shoulder, cowl) to make my own hybrid version…

Crits welcome!

Just started polypainting…

I’m going to give the Rhino a good action pose and see what I can do via rendering within Zbrush for a beauty shot when done…

head.jpg

Great sculpt!!
i like it a Lot. I Would give the Horns a different mat Color, but Since you Said you just startend polypainting

Two Things Struck me about the original Design, funny that he Dosen.t have Rhinoears as well and that all that
bulky Villains like the Hulk also have These Tiny narrow nose, like being Out of Proportion characterizes the Villains.

Thanks, Jake! Yeah, always found it odd that the Rhino never had ears, originally, and yet still had eyes on the side of the head/cowl…go figure!

Decided to put the Rhino into a more dynamic pose and will continue polypainting tomorrow…(also, tweaked some details as usual…!)

Crits welcome!

fantastic work on the marvel rhino speed sculpt, great proportions and you did a great job the polypainted skin texture!:+1:
Looking forward to the end result!
All the best and happy sculpting,

• Kenny:)

Thanks, Kenny, and glad you’re enjoying him so far! Rhino was a fun speed sculpt and I’ve been having a fun time with the polypainting, layering in details and colours so the skin looks good. Now, of course, I have to do just as nicely on the Rhino skin so it all matches and then I’m going to play with rendering from within Zbrush itself only (no photoshop) to see what results I can achieve…

Will post more shots of the polypainting as it comes along!

Crits always welcome!

Started the base polypainting for the rhino skin after getting some colouring on the horns and shoulderpads…

Crits welcome!

Ok, I think the Rhino’s about as done as he’s going to get and I have other work I have to start on so I’m calling this puppy done!

Crits welcome!

FANTASTIC job! Final comp came out great.:+1:

I can just concur, great work man. Really digging the polypaint aswell, looks like how you’ve painted Warhammer figures back then with all kinds of differents inks.
Yeah layers are great to intersect with different polypaint layers , sorry for my english, it is late night :smiley:
Cheers buddy,

• Kenny:)

Thanks very much, guys!! I’m pretty happy with the way the Rhino turned out although I wonder if I should try making a pose that’s more ‘action’…

Here’s some shots as the model would appear from in-game (via Marmoset)…no fancy lighting, just default…

Did a final render on my Rhino Bust (passes rendered via Zbrush, put together in Photoshop)…

Crits welcome!
rhinopasses.jpg

Sorry, nothing to crit! This looks perfect to me.

Do you have more gamecharas like that? I`m a fan!

Thanks VERY much for the awesome compliment!

I have a number of game characters at my website (which is linked at the bottom of each of my posts) if you’d like to see more.

Wow, I must say you have some record!
No wonder most people around here seem to be a bit shy to comment your work.

Also great to see, that you master so many different styles.

all the best

:>) Jake

Again, thanks for the very kind words, Jake!

Believe me, there are plenty of other guys out there that are doing supreme work…my focus for years has been in games and I’m just starting to do the kind of things I want to do so polygon count doesn’t come into play. I like to try to be a ‘one stop shop’ by doing some of everything (characters, props, vehicles, etc) but it’s important that they’re done WELL as opposed to quantity. I love what I do and I’ll probably be doing it till I’m too old to lift my finger! LOL

Again, thanks and I’ll keep posting as I create new creatures, characters and whatnots and hope you enjoy!