Default Vick Gaza - Sketchbook Thread

Hello everyone, hello Zbrush Community !
    My name is Victor Gaza known as VickGaza across all boards hehe and this is my 1st time getting out of the closet )

I always admired this community ever since I found it but I always felt that my skills are not good enough to show around here, or any where on the web lol [-O<

This is my latest character that i`m quite proud of, took quite some time to complete as I went crazy on the details that are now lost once maps were resized but none the less great practice.

This character has been done as a university brief , I am a MA Student at the University of Hertfordshire, UK.

The character has 18k triangles as a 1st LOD spread across 2 maps of 2k size each so 2xDiffuse, Normal and Specular.
    Specular also has a tweaked alpha as a Gloss map.

Sculpted in Zbrush, Retoped in Topogun, Uved in Maya, Textured in Zbrush and Photoshop, Baked in xNormal and finally Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag

I hope you guys like it and feel free to comment and suggest anything and everything, be it harsh or light, positive or negative, constructive or bashful, I want it all

For more pics and WIPs and 2d/3d stuff please visit my blog at www.vickgaza.com .

Thank you for your time and thank Zbrush Central Team for this amazing community that I now plan to be a part of.

A youtube turntable of the character can be found here :

Last edited by vickgaza; 04-11-12 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Changed to Sketchbook Thread

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up

Very nice work! Very clean work and in order, top notch presentation!

Whoa nice
    Dustin
    .:|Sketch Book |:.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Great detail, love it! Very good.

Member Follow User Gallery

Looks awesome. Were pulling for a Gears of War look?

like the style of this guy
    Lead Character Artist
    Firaxis Games
    -artstation

@koro thank you very much man, editing the presentation sheets took quite some time, I`m very happy it shows through
    @dman3d thank you man
    @xombie thanks dude
    @immilesaway thanks man, i`ll be honest, i`ve had some Gears of War references as well, but as far as the bulky anatomy, it was started with no references or inspiration open, i just doodled and kinda went on with it But after a while yes i've pulled reference
    @framedworld thank you very much

I`ll post some progress shots tomorrow with clay renders, poly paints and more details.
    Once again thank you for the kind words, they mean the world to me
    Vick.

And here`s some clay renders straight from zbrush.

Wink Really Nice

Hey that is some really nice work especially after importing it into Marmoset. How many Polys did you get it down to before you exported it?

By the way I have noticed that a lot of the really good work I have come across hardly get noticed or commented on what gives?

Wow, you gotta get more active in the community for sure, this is looking awesome!

Welcome to ZBrushCentral buddy :-)
    Great work on your latest character, really shows a lot of your skills!
    Keep them going buddy, hope seeing more from you in this great community :-)
    Cheers and happy zbrushing,
    - kenny

Wow guys I am absolutely stunned by all the love I just got
    Thanks so much.

I`ll totally get more involved in this community as if it wasn't for the this particular website and for zbrush as a tool I would have had no drive in life haha.
    Hoping I`ll get good enough till next year when I graduate to get a job as a games artist at a AAA company

As far as technical aspects, I went ballistic with the details even though I knew they would turn up at just noise once I bake the maps and resize to 2048x2048 but i`ve subdivided each tool to as much as I could hande and then decimated for retopo.
    I used dyna-mesh most of the time and very rarely did I retopo after creating a new surface (even though I should to dictate poly flow), most of this project mindset was have fun and go with the flow, so I just divided away like a madman )

Another thing I`d like to mention is that I haven't used any external 3d application until I reached the polypainted version which I`ll upload soon, I just used zbrush and made pretty much everything from a dynameshed object coming from a sphere

Now that I look back at it I should have re-topologised a bit sooner not when 90% of the mesh was done, but to be honest I barely got any reprojection artefacts at all even though i've reprojected even wrinkes and alpha pores situated in weird angles.

Thank you again for the kind words dudes, they mean the world to us 3d loving students

Warm regards,
    Vick.

Welcome, you will like it here.I'm not familiar with Marmoset tool bag, I'll have to check it out the turntable was cool.

Cool stuff man!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast