ZBrushCentral

Jbot's Sketchbook v1

Hi everyone, I’m brand new to the community, well I’ve been lurking quite a while, but I wanted to start posting and getting / giving feedback and crits if possible. I’m starting this sketchbook to keep all my images in one thread.

This is “escaped from lab”

crits and feedback would be totally welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

EscapedFromLabfront.jpg

EscapedFromLabBack1.jpg

EscapedFromLabFrontRobe1.jpg

anatomy turn-around for “escaped from lab”.

EscapedFromLabAnatomyFront.jpg

EscapedFromLabAnatomyBack.JPG

First of all Welcome to ZbrushCentral:)
Great first posting, really nice work on the sculpt of “escaped from the lab” :slight_smile:
Like the pose and the details of it! Definently keep it going and looking forward seeing more from you!
I would recommened looking at reference for the woman anatomy :slight_smile:
Cheers and happy zbrushing,

• kenny:)

Thanks Kenny! I will definately keep at it. Yeah I have a little way to go on my anatomy still :confused:, I love it though anatomy is fun to learn :slight_smile:

BustAfricanAmericanQuarter.jpg
BustAfricanAmericanSide.jpg
BustAfricanAmericanFront.jpg

Hi this is the start of a class project I’m working on. I’m calling it Dagon’s minion from the Cthulhu mythos. I’m basing my concept off of Stuart Gordon and Dennis Paoli’s film Dagon after the late great H.P. Lovecraft.

This is just going to be my take on one of the villagers mutations as Dagon’s hold gets stronger over the village. I should be finished with this by the end of the month hopefully so I figured now would be a good time to hear comments or crits if any at this stage.

The model is Min Yin from 3dsk I choose to model a super average older male. There will actually be 5 tentacles on the back and will be added once "m ready to rig and start posing the character. Right now I’m in the middle of retopology, so I can go in and clean up the sculpt and add some greater detail, anyway…

Thanks for looking through my work! :slight_smile:

DagonMinionFrontSide.jpg
DagonMinionBackSide.jpg
DagonMinionHead.jpg

A really nice creature design mate, totally digging his face and his clean and solid body! Anatomy is looking great aswell!:+1:
The shape of his head is great, looks like he has a gigantic brain underneath it :smiley: just awesome!
Really looking forward to the end result! Keep it going and happy sculpting:)
Cheers,

• Kenny:)

You didn’t capture Min Yin’s face very well:)
Looking forward to the progress on him.

Lol :smiley: Thanks Kenny and Rick for stopping by it really means a lot! Very encouraging!

Looking cool! Nice job on those wrinkles on the snout. The gills/scales are looking good too.

The top teeth feel a little un-naturally straight from the profile?

Cool sculpt, reminds me a little of the Drowners from The Witcher.

Thank you Nyx702, yeah good eye, those teeth need some love, I can still see facets too, need to fix that.

Senka, cool I didn’t realize it, I especially like the lithe frame of those creatures and its totally what Im going for here too.

Thanks for the looking at the work its totally appreciated!

Great work Jason! Love dagons minion ^^

Thank you very much Chris! And thank you for checking out my page!Looking forward to more of your work as well :slight_smile:

Hi, here is the finished sculpt of Dagon’s Minion. This is an important piece to me because its where I nailed down my workflow, it was very intense. (Hi rez sculpt, retopo, uv layout, pose, polypaint). I just have to learn about rendering in z. Apparently my school isnt going to touch bases there so I will figure it out on my own, then i will get to fiber mesh :smiley: Anyway. please feel free to comment or crit. Its not perfect by any means but it was a lot of fun. I’m ready for the next sculpt now I think it will go quicker.

DagonsMinion.jpg

Thanks for stopping by :slight_smile:

cool character, Love the pose!

Thanks man!

hey buddy the creature turned out amazing man, really nice and clean sculpt!
I am really digging the polypaint and his pose, when you’ll do a beauty render, it will definantly turned out great!:+1:
All the best and happy sculpting,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

Thanks Kenny for the kind words and encouragement, I really appreciate it man! :slight_smile:

Beserker2.jpg

Attachments

BeserkerBS01.jpg