ZBrushCentral

Job Opportunity (Please Read) ZBrush Sculptor for 3D Printing & CNC

We are ready to move from micro to macro…creditcard sized plaquettes in lost wax bronze to jade, 8 foot panels in all naturalmaterials wood, marble, granite, alabaster and all the synthetics cnc routed ormolded to 20 foot by 30 foot masterpieces and everything in between. Production of all the medium is in place toproduce from STLs and our time is now…sinks and bathtubs to gallery andmuseum works…everything from bas reliefs, to undercuts to full 360.

Please provide relevant examples (or links) of your work.

We are looking for someone skilled in ZBrush to produce bas-reliefs and fullsculptures from photographs or other imagery. The files must be capable of being 3d printed or machined from the filesyou produce without any additional work or repair.

We are preparing guidelines for the work, as well astemplate files, to allow people to produce useable files for our processwithout requiring a complete understanding of 3d printing or machining. This could mean that you need to work in asomewhat different manner than you may have for other projects.

We want to communicate through skype and phone callswhen possible, as well as email, to discuss the work. Also and most importantly we want to sharethe passion of the work so you can catch fire with the immense potential ofwhat we have before us.
We are open to different ways of working as long as itsatisfies our needs. Therefore, we askyou to make any suggestions that you feel would improve the process, quality ofresults, efficiency in modeling or any other aspect of the work.

We want to be as faithful to the original images aspossible. In some circumstances we mayneed to modify things a bit from the original for the best 3d effect. We would like people who have a sensitivity tothis so that they can make these adjustments as they work.

We will provide the image(s) for each project, as wellas descriptions of the work or text/graphics to be added.

We expect the following:
ZTL file of the base 3d before surfacetexturing/detailing is applied
ZTL file of the completed work, no subtools, no subdivision levels
PSD file(s) for masks or alphas used to separateareas in the photo(s)
STL file of completed work
JPG renderings of the finished work with appropriate material(s)

Due to the size of the files it is preferred that you have a broadbandconnection like cable or dsl. You willneed to use an FTP client to transfer the files since they will be too largefor email. We have an FTP address andlogin that we will provide later.

Hello,

My name is George Georgy and I’m interested in applying for a digital sculptor position. Here is the link to my current demo reel http://vimeo.com/39974711

Thank you for your time.

George

Hi George

Thanks for your response. Upon demonstrating success and positivecoordination you will hopefully join us, maintain immense passion and share inthe exciting projects to follow. I’dlike you to begin with a test on the Eiffel Tower. With all due respect I have experienced toomany paid opportunities that have yielded no usable content or traction. I want to assemble a very tight team that cancontribute valuable input and consistently produce masterpieces that the worldmarketplace will embrace and rely on.

The file exceeds 500kb max by a hair if you are sincerely interested I would need your email address to send it.

Thanks
Ed Jamron
Elemental Marvels

Instructions:
Using supplied Eiffel Tower postcard, produce a bas-relief plaque

• Remove postmark, postage stamp and cancellation stamp, fix rough edges
  • finished dimensions 2.66"x 4.23" x 0.5", thinnest at topincreasing to maximum thickness at base
  • plaque will be printed at approx. 600dpi, we don’t want to see any triangles
  • we don’t want a lot of unnecessary triangles that won’t improve theresolution beyond 600dpi (ideal resolution would be 2 - 3 million quads or 4 -6 million triangles for this size plaque)
  • image processing skills are equally important as modeling skills

Deliverables:

• ZTL file of the completed work, no subtools, no subdivision levels(flattened)
  • PSD file(s) for any masks or alphas created for the work
  • STL file of completed work, 3d printable (watertight solid, single volume)

Files should be zipped and uploaded using an FTP client:
ftp://concept-4d.com
username: clientxfer
password: transfer

Windows Explorer can be used instead of an FTP client,
Go to: ftp://concept-4d.com

You should see a new Internet Explorer window open after clicking the linkabove and an error message pop up “FTP Folder Error”, then click"OK".

(( If that does not happen, click on “Page” menu, and then click"Open FTP Site in Windows Explorer" ))
(( You should see a new Internet Explorer window open and an error message popup “FTP Folder Error”, then click “OK”. ))

Go to the “File” menu in this new IE window and choose “Login As…” and enter
username: clientxfer
password: transfer

Click “Log On” and then you will be able to drag and drop or copyfiles to this window.

Hi Ed,

I totally understand your point about the test and I’ll try to do my best. Here is my email Georgetp2007@gmail.com