Default 4R4 install error.

Hi.
    I am having a problem installing GoZ for Softimage. The Softimage part seems to have installed correctly to my knowledge, but in ZBrush I keep receiving an error telling me that it has a installation error and that I should run ZBrush as an administrator. I have run it as such and allow it all the permissions that I could, but it still gives me the same error.

On the plus side, GoZ works on all the other software assigned. Unfortunately I am mainly working in Softimage and it would be a great help to get it working.

If there is anything anyone could advise me to try to solve this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goZ_install problem.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	346994  

Quote Originally Posted by kiloWhat View Post
    Hi.
    I am having a problem installing GoZ for Softimage. The Softimage part seems to have installed correctly to my knowledge, but in ZBrush I keep receiving an error telling me that it has a installation error and that I should run ZBrush as an administrator. I have run it as such and allow it all the permissions that I could, but it still gives me the same error.

On the plus side, GoZ works on all the other software assigned. Unfortunately I am mainly working in Softimage and it would be a great help to get it working.

If there is anything anyone could advise me to try to solve this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Hi kiloWhat

If you have done the manuall installation in SI and you have followed the installation steps described in the
    GoZ For Softimage Instructions.pdf , then you should be ok.

After restarting ZBrush press Alt + Ctrl + G and select Softimage as the GoZ enabled application.

The trick is that there is no need to reinstall GoZ through ZBrush. (you will see the error screen every time).

Cheers

New Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kostasph View Post
    Hi kiloWhat

If you have done the manuall installation in SI and you have followed the installation steps described in the
    GoZ For Softimage Instructions.pdf , then you should be ok.

After restarting ZBrush press Alt + Ctrl + G and select Softimage as the GoZ enabled application.

The trick is that there is no need to reinstall GoZ through ZBrush. (you will see the error screen every time).

Cheers
    Thank you very much. Your advise put me on the right path. It seems the problem was a lack of a C++ Redistributable Package x64. It is now working fine.

Default GoZ and Softimage 2013

Hi Kosta,

Thanks for an excellent plugin, its much appreciated. I'm having a few problems with the plugin though and I was wondering if you could help. After some initial problems with installing the plugin from zBrush into Softimage, I manually installed the in Softimage in a custom workgroup.

The GoZ plugin is present in Softimage, and I can transfer a mesh from zBrush to Softimage without any errors. The problem is no Displacement or texture maps are being created and rebuilt in the rendertree. He is silver phonged man! I'm using Softimage 2013 and zBrush 4r4. Any thoughts? I may have misunderstood the process - did I have to generate the Displacement maps before exporting? I'm using the Earthquake character in zBrush as a test (the same one you demo in the video) - so I thought the creation of the displacement and diffuse maps was part of the export process.

Softimage Script editors says the following -

GoZServiceStart
    '
    ' Importing 8 Objects From ZBrush
    '
    ' =====================[ 1 ]=====================
    ' INFO : Mesh Does Not Exist in the Scene. Importing Procedure...
    ' INFO : Importing GoZ Mesh: Earthquake_82_optim1
    ' INFO : Importing Vertices...
    ' INFO : Importing Polygons...
    ' INFO : Importing UVs...
    ' INFO : Importing Clusters...
    ' INFO : Setting up Material...
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Earthquake_82_optim1" Doesn't Have Diffuse Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Earthquake_82_optim1" Doesn't Have Displacement Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Earthquake_82_optim1" Doesn't Have Normal Map!
    '
    ' =====================[ 2 ]=====================
    ' INFO : Importing GoZ Mesh: Eyes
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Eyes" Doesn't Have Diffuse Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Eyes" Doesn't Have Displacement Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Eyes" Doesn't Have Normal Map!
    '
    ' =====================[ 3 ]=====================
    ' INFO : Importing GoZ Mesh: Teeth
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Teeth" Doesn't Have Diffuse Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Teeth" Doesn't Have Displacement Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Teeth" Doesn't Have Normal Map!
    '
    ' =====================[ 4 ]=====================
    ' INFO : Importing GoZ Mesh: Kimono
    ' INFO : No UV Values Found!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Kimono" Doesn't Have Diffuse Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Kimono" Doesn't Have Displacement Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Kimono" Doesn't Have Normal Map!
    '
    ' =====================[ 5 ]=====================
    ' INFO : Importing GoZ Mesh: Lace
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Lace" Doesn't Have Diffuse Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Lace" Doesn't Have Displacement Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Lace" Doesn't Have Normal Map!
    '
    ' =====================[ 6 ]=====================
    ' INFO : Importing GoZ Mesh: Taping
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Taping" Doesn't Have Diffuse Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Taping" Doesn't Have Displacement Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Taping" Doesn't Have Normal Map!
    '
    ' =====================[ 7 ]=====================
    ' INFO : Importing GoZ Mesh: Belt
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Belt" Doesn't Have Diffuse Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Belt" Doesn't Have Displacement Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Belt" Doesn't Have Normal Map!
    '
    ' =====================[ 8 ]=====================
    ' INFO : Importing GoZ Mesh: Shoes
    ' INFO : No UV Values Found!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Shoes" Doesn't Have Diffuse Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Shoes" Doesn't Have Displacement Map!
    ' INFO : The Imported Mesh "Shoes" Doesn't Have Normal Map!

Quote Originally Posted by Saffy View Post
    Hi Kosta,

Thanks for an excellent plugin, its much appreciated. I'm having a few problems with the plugin though and I was wondering if you could help. After some initial problems with installing the plugin from zBrush into Softimage, I manually installed the in Softimage in a custom workgroup.

The GoZ plugin is present in Softimage, and I can transfer a mesh from zBrush to Softimage without any errors. The problem is no Displacement or texture maps are being created and rebuilt in the rendertree. He is silver phonged man! I'm using Softimage 2013 and zBrush 4r4. Any thoughts? I may have misunderstood the process - did I have to generate the Displacement maps before exporting? I'm using the Earthquake character in zBrush as a test (the same one you demo in the video) - so I thought the creation of the displacement and diffuse maps was part of the export process.

Hi Saffy,

All maps ( currently supported: displacement, texture and normal) must be created by user.
    When you send your mesh through GoZ function, only existing maps can be transfered.
    This is the default GoZ procedure.
    So make sure that each image map slot, of your subtool, displays the map you want to export.

Thank you for your feedback.

I hope that helps

i' have strange uv result when i use xsi to zb and it's not happen's when i use basic export obj
    any idea about this ?

Quote Originally Posted by kostasph View Post
    Hi Saffy,

All maps ( currently supported: displacement, texture and normal) must be created by user.
    When you send your mesh through GoZ function, only existing maps can be transfered.
    This is the default GoZ procedure.
    So make sure that each image map slot, of your subtool, displays the map you want to export.

Thank you for your feedback.

I hope that helps
    Hi Kosta,

Worked like a dream - I knew it was something stupid I had done. You are now officially a legend.

Cheers

Saf

Kosta,

Quick question Can you tell me where it knows to set the correct displacement factor. It works great in Softimage, but I just wanted to understand where it is getting these numbers from within zBrush. It appears from other tutorials and Docs that it uses the Alpha depth Factor in zBrush - is that correct? From the render Tree and Geo Approx node I can see that the 'New Start and End Range' has had it values changed, as well as the Max Displ parameter to facilitate the Displacement map. This bit I get. However, the Alpha depth Factor in ZB does not seem to correspond to these values in Softimage - is there a general rule being used here to calculate the Displacement factor? What is this multiplier?

For example - in ZB, the Alpha Depth Factor is 0.0316.
    In Softimage the 'New Start Range' is -1.355, 'New End Range' is 1.355 and the Max Displacement is 1.355.
    The script editor outputs the following

' INFO : Displacement Depth:2.71063

I'm using zBrush R4R and Softimage 2013 SP1.

Cheers and thank you again!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

For some reason, Softimage can't send the object to ZBrush...I tried everything (no voodoo yet), last week it worked, now there is no communication between ZB and SI...
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

From time to time, GoZ goes crazy. Now it can't upon the exported file from Softimage, sayin unable to open, and it looks for the file in the ZBrush install folder...I'm in deadline!!!!!!
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    From time to time, GoZ goes crazy. Now it can't upon the exported file from Softimage, sayin unable to open, and it looks for the file in the ZBrush install folder...I'm in deadline!!!!!!
    Hi Jester,
    for start check if you have proper permissions (write, read, etc) for your "C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZProjects\Default" folder. I assume you have the default installation folders for your applications and GoZ for Softimage.

I hope that helps...

Please tell me more if it doesn't.

It seems the for some reason the object ID stuck, because no matter if I renamed the object in XSI it was always exported on the original name. I resolved that issue, but now I have another one. Softimage 2014 is running, I want to send something from ZB to SI, and I have a window stating that Softimage is running! Waiting until Softimage is Ready, and nothing happens...

Cheers

Szabolcs
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

Hello Szabolcs. I seem to be having the same problem you did with stuck ID using 4r3 and xsi 2013 sp1. Clearing cache within zbrush doesn't seem to work. Would you care to share how you managed to resolve this issue?

Thanks.
    [url="http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=51626"][font=Arial Black][color=Olive][color=DarkOrange]Caricature Print[/color]
    [/color][/font][/url]

Default Error while installing

Hi there!

I´d have troubles installing Goz for Softimage, whenever I try to install it this message appears:

I did what the message says, but I still have the same trouble... Can you hel me with that?

Default Another Problem

Hi, my trouble with GoZ installing for Softimage is relatively solved by making what the PDF recommends... (dragging and dropping the .xsiaddon file), instead now I have problems to import and export to/from Softimage. This screen appears when trying to send something to the program:

And then nothing happens.
    In the other hand, when I try to send a mesh to Zbrush, it imports a kind of empty mesh with names like PolyMesh3D_1,2,3... and so on. I had used GoZ for Maya before this and that worked perfect.
    What can I do to solve this?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112 LastLast