Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you Kostas!
    I've never used goZ because I only know how to use Softimage. was feeling left out
    From what I understand its a quick transition between programs.
    I've been manually going back and forth like everyone else I guess.
    This will save lots of time. Thanks again!
    Orest

Quote Originally Posted by freehand View Post
    Hi.
    Followed the pdf's instructions, got an error message when i started the Goz softimage installation, after having clicked the install button, tried the manuel installation of the GoZ.xsiaddon, and impossible to do that. I can't drag and drop the GoZ.xsiaddon file in the softimage's viewports.
    Tried to run zbrush and softimage as administrator, but it still not working.
    I have sofimage 2012 on windows 7 64 bits and zbrush 4.0.
    Hi freehand,

(Just in case ... don't try to drag and drop the add-on directly from the zipped folder. It needs to be extracted first.)

If you can't drag and drop the GoZ.xsiaddon try this:

In Softimage go to File > Add-On > Install...

In Install Add-On Dialog go to Filename and click the button with "..." that is next to the textBox.

Browse to the folder where you have the GoZ.xsiaddon (Not the zipped but the extracted one) e.g. "C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\Softimage" and select GoZ.xsiaddon.

Then make sure that Root Location has the indication "User Add-Ons" and click Install button at the bottom of the "Install Add-On" dialog.

After Installation, restart Softimage.

More options about installing add-ons you can find here: Softimage User's Guide

Please tell me if this helps

Thank you

- adash,

I am glad it works ok for you!

Thank you for your feedback

- harapuzo,

you are right. GoZ simplifies mesh transferring and at the same time setup necessary shaders for rendering in Softimage.
    More info about GoZ Feature in ZBrush you can find here.
    I hope it is helpful for you.

Thank you

Thumbs up

Ok, goz is working now, thanks.
    But...
    some weird results.
    I created the displacement map with the standard value, just choosed 'adaptive', and used goz and...
    The model in zbrush:
    The one in softimage after having used goz:

Almost perfect!

Suggestions are welcome.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Fenkyu!!!!!!

- Hi freehand

It seems like something is going wrong with your UV Map although I can't tell you for sure because of lack of info about your SI scene setup - ZBrush Project...
    If you want, try to recreate your Maps based on the post #33 and see the results.

Thank you,
    Last edited by kostasph; 05-13-12 at 04:50 AM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default position problems....

Hi
    Kostas,
    Thanks you very much for the plugin. Until now I used the XGoZ which worked well for me
    I'm testing it at the moment. As far your normal and displacement generations worked fine in a fast test I did.

But something is really strange (I think marciani has the same problem)...I'm
    having strange behaviour concerning positioning:
    I created in xsi from scratch a scene with 3 cubes. Then I send it to ZB. The cubes where imported into ZB but all have the same position. ( I've seen now that it's currently not supported...so sorry for that)

So after that I did a freeze al transform and sent it again to ZB....which gave me the result in the 3rd image...also strange.

Finally I tryed something different.
    I exit ZB and XSI.
    Then started XSI and opened the scenes with the 3 cubes (with freezed transforms and so on).
    Then I hit the GoZbrush Button from the GoZ menu in Softimage... so that ZB now would start.
    And finally that worked!

At the moment I'm quite confused why that was behaving so strange. I will keep on testing and see if I will have similar problems. I'm open to any ideas.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by marciani View Post
    Hi thank's for your fast reply.
    This is my workflow:1.Open the ztool in Zbrush (in my test is a bust character compose by many subtools....absolutely not heavy)
    2.in preference palettes clear cache and check about "subtools..."
    3.send all visible
    4.open xsi and the mesh is imported well
    5.add a primitive, duplicate, and move around the head buste (try with cube or other primitive).
    6.freeze all
    7.send/export (with the menu or with the customize button) in zbrush the whole selected mesh
    8.open zbrush, all work fine in the same ztool, but the added meshes are in a wrong position.......
    Hope you help...
    Bye
    leo

- marciani,

Sorry for the delay...
    I was working on it.

If in step 6 you have gone like this: Main Command Panel(MCP)> Transform>Freeze All Transforms
    Then we are in the same page. The first time should work fine (if you have clear the cache). ZB will import everything ok.
    If you try it again (step 7) then ZB will replace e.g. cube with cube1 and if they have different position in SI, it looks
    like the position is wrong in ZB.

A quick workaround is to name the duplicated meshes with
    this method e.g. cube0, cube1, cube2,...
    instead of the default e.g. cube, cube1,cube2,...

In other words just add "0" (or any other digit you want) in the name of your first created primitive and then duplicate it as you want.

I hope this helps...

-
    giotto,

I think the above workaround for marciani covers your situation.

As far as the unsupported unfreezed Transforms it was a decision to keep it this way in order to avoid offset when the exchangable polymesh has animated Transforms. If you have keyframed your mesh transforms then you dont want to freeze them in order to keep the animation without offset. This is an attempt for a more non linear workflow. I will probably have to implement the distinction of the two Transform situations (animated or not ) in a more automated fashion in a forthcoming update, to avoid the additional operation from the user.

Thank you both for your feedback
    Last edited by kostasph; 05-14-12 at 05:34 AM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Hi Kostas,

Thanks for your fast answer.
    I will give it a try.

....hmmm, I'm still having strange things here when trying to send new objects from XSI to ZB.
    I tried with the renaming thing. But suddenly when I send meshes from XSI to ZB...either I lose 1 mesh,
    or some things are getting flipped in the Y axis....

(I'm using ZB4R3 and Softimage 2012sp1)
    Last edited by giotto; 05-14-12 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by giotto View Post
    Hi Kostas,

Thanks for your fast answer.
    I will give it a try.

....hmmm, I'm still having strange things here.
    I tried with the renaming thing. But suddenly when I send meshes from XSI to ZB...either I lose 1 mesh,
    or some things are getting flipped in the Y axis....
    Hi giotto,

This workaround must be used with new objects that are not have been used before. Do not use the old scene.
    Try to clear the cache in ZB and start a new SI scene to test it.

Hope that helps.

Default Troubleshooting install msvcp100.dll

First let me say you are awesome for doing this!
    I have a 64 bit system running win 7 softimage 2011 subscription advantage pack.
    All is well until I hit the install button and it returns this error. Any help would be appreciated.

This program can't start because msvcp100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix the problem.
    I am not sure what he was doing, but whatever it was, he liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by therasoft View Post
    First let me say you are awesome for doing this!
    I have a 64 bit system running win 7 softimage 2011 subscription advantage pack.
    All is well until I hit the install button and it returns this error. Any help would be appreciated.

This program can't start because msvcp100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling to fix the problem.

Hi therasoft

Here is the solution : Post #41

Thank you

Default Previous error gone, now just says there is an error installing

Again, thanks for all your awesome help. I am so excited to get this going.

Gone is the .dll error after fix posted in #41 you suggested restarted, but now it just says there was an error and it gives me the screen to try running as an admin, which I did with no change.

I double checked all install aspects on documentation. Only thing I can think is a 64/32 bit problem here. Would it need to be directed to the root installation of softimage as far as 2011 vs. advantage pack 2011.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

John

- Hi John ,

Have you try the manual installation instead?

You can also try this: Post #63

If nothing of these works, take a look you script editor in SI to see if there is any error message that can help.

After installing the GoZ.xsiaddon make sure to check your Softimage path that is stored in GoZ preferences in ZBrush.

Best Regards,

Default I really appreciate your help

I am sorry this is problematic.
    I was able to install to softimage with no issues. It is just when I go to install in zbrush that it gives me the error occured.
    The only sofitimage scripting note I could find was one related to "x" go z not your version goz. So I unistalled " x" goz
    When you refer to the manual install, you are speaking of inside Softimage? I did that with no issues. Seems like somehow zbrush isn't communicating with softimage.
    Seems to be fine in plug in manager view also.

Thanks,
    JOhn

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast