Quote Originally Posted by therasoft View Post
    I am sorry this is problematic.
    I was able to install to softimage with no issues. It is just when I go to install in zbrush that it gives me the error occured.
    The only sofitimage scripting note I could find was one related to "x" go z not your version goz. So I unistalled " x" goz
    When you refer to the manual install, you are speaking of inside Softimage? I did that with no issues. Seems like somehow zbrush isn't communicating with softimage.
    Seems to be fine in plug in manager view also.

Thanks,
    JOhn

Hi John,

Sorry if I have misunderstood but from your description I think that installation is complete.
    If the manual installation is ok in Softimage and the "XSI.exe" path in ZBrush is ok
    then it should work.
    What I wanna say is that you don't have to install it again through ZBrush. If you do you will get the same error.

Just make sure that XSI.exe path is the correct one. XSI.exe must be in the same folder with the XSI.bat.

Try this:
    1. Restart ZBrush.
    2. Go to Preferences>GoZ and keep your cursor over the button path to Softimage without clicking it. You must see a popup showing you the path of XSI.exe.
    If the path is the correct one then you don't have to do anything.
    If it is not or you get the message Softimage application was not found, then you must click the path to Softimage button and follow the procedure. This will ensure that XSI.exe path is up to date.
    Now it must be ok.

Try this also: Start Softimage, create a polymesh like a cube, select it and send it to ZBrush by clicking the Main menu bar > GoZ > GoZBrush.
    Does it work?

I hope you manage to make it work now
    If not I will try to help as much as I can.

Thank you,
    Last edited by kostasph; 05-16-12 at 12:10 AM.

Default I feel like it is something silly but it isn't working

kostasph,
    Thanks for all the help.
    A couple things: I did not get a DOS window popping up and running through things (installing something?) as in your instruction video I have always gotten an error after pressing install in zbrush.
    However it shows the path and it is correct to softimage in preferences>softimage
    If I try to use it gives me the error "Maya is not installed." Confirmed in preferences that it was not installed and got the same error back again. I am assuming it gives me that error now because nothing is installed in zbrush. I have cleared the cache

Everything I see says it was installed fine with softimage. But zbrush is causing an error which it will not specify for me. Is there a log file of errors in zbrush maybe?

In the script editor in softimage, I don't see goz listed, should I?
    Thanks!

Attached a combo of pertinent screen shots.

Again, thanks for all your help.
    I am not sure what he was doing, but whatever it was, he liked it.

Hi therasoft

In Zbrush click Alt + Ctrl + G and select Softimage.

When you send your selected mesh in ZBrush from SI you get it listed in the SI script editor.
    Just in case open SI go to File>Preferences>Scripting and enable Log Messages.

And check in your Public folder ( Public\Pixologic\GoZApps\Softimage ) there must be GoZBrushToSoftimage.exe (this is the popup DOS window you expect to see)

Tell me how it goes...
    Last edited by kostasph; 05-17-12 at 09:25 AM.

Cool Grinning from ear to ear!!

kostasph
    You are the bomb. I am elated! You rock!
    I have been waiting so long for this!!! Thank you for taking all the time it took to do this for the community. As a Softimage user I already felt like an outcast and for this to take pixologic so long added to the frustration. To have you do this and help me through the install process like you did is amazing.

Would it be wrong to name my next child Kostasph GoZ Estes. Keep up the incredible work!

John
    I am not sure what he was doing, but whatever it was, he liked it.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

dear kostasph, thank you very much for your workflow enhancement - goz for softimage is working perfect. installation was a easy as can be... thanks!

so, where's the donate button? i mean, how can i support your effort? "... more things to come..." please continue your work!!

cheers!
    chem!

Het,

I might be wrong. But it's worth to check, if you start XSI.exe or XSI.bat when you fire up XSI. If I'm not wrong you start the exe file, and that might not be OK, some plugin reports as unable to load, etc. But if you start the batch file there is no such an issue.

Cheers

Jester
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

Hi chemkid ,

I am glad that works for you, especially the installer.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Het,

I might be wrong. But it's worth to check, if you start XSI.exe or XSI.bat when you fire up XSI. If I'm not wrong you start the exe file, and that might not be OK, some plugin reports as unable to load, etc. But if you start the batch file there is no such an issue.

Cheers

Jester

Hi Jester,

Well... for your information I call XSI.bat.
    As you probably know Setenv.bat must define the environment variables before running the XSI.exe.
    And XSI.bat does exactly that: calls Setenv.bat and then starts XSI.exe.
    Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify this.

Best Regards,

Hey Kostas,

Thanks. I knew this that's why I asked For some reason I always had XSI.exe started, I reinstalled, and now it's OK.
    I've got one little idea, that might be worth consideration . It'd be really cool to have the opprtunity in XSI to export a frozen mesh. I mean, I've got a posed mesh, and it'd be nice to be able export the posed mesh.

Thanks!

Jester
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

is there Goz for softimage 2013 I try it but not work

even 2012 not work

so please we want for 2013

thanks

It works with 2012, 2013 pretty well. What's your issue?
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Hey Kostas,

Thanks. I knew this that's why I asked For some reason I always had XSI.exe started, I reinstalled, and now it's OK.
    I've got one little idea, that might be worth consideration . It'd be really cool to have the opprtunity in XSI to export a frozen mesh. I mean, I've got a posed mesh, and it'd be nice to be able export the posed mesh.

Thanks!

Jester

Hi Jester

I will do my best to implement this functionality.

Thank you for the Suggestion!!!

I do the following but its tell me error I dont know why :

so what the problem ? I do everything right

Quote Originally Posted by KLONOA WORKS View Post
    I do the following but its tell me error I dont know why :

so what the problem ? I do everything right

Hi

have you try the manual installation?(Drag and Drop GoZ.xsiaddon in a Softimage Viewport).

If you have, and you can see GoZ menu on the Main menu bar in Softimage, then it should be ok.
    There is no need to reinstall it through ZBrush. (you will see the error screen every time)

Make sure to select Softimage, in ZBrush, as GoZ enabled Application ( press Alt + Ctrl + G and select Softimage).

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by kostasph View Post
    Hi

have you try the manual installation?(Drag and Drop GoZ.xsiaddon in a Softimage Viewport).

If you have, and you can see GoZ menu on the Main menu bar in Softimage, then it should be ok.
    There is no need to reinstall it through ZBrush. (you will see the error screen every time)

Make sure to select Softimage, in ZBrush, as GoZ enabled Application ( press Alt + Ctrl + G and select Softimage).

Thank you,
    its work now big thanks ,

but I saw your video and you import the fatman :P with all textures and materials but I do it and there is no texture or material on it :

http://i.imgur.com/MpAkb.png

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast