Quote Originally Posted by KLONOA WORKS View Post
    its work now big thanks ,

but I saw your video and you import the fatman :P with all textures and materials but I do it and there is no texture or material on it :

http://i.imgur.com/MpAkb.png

Hi again,

You need to create the maps in ZBrush first. The Workflow is the ZBrush's Default.
    These colors you see in your SubTools are only Polypaint.

Happy Creations!

Quote Originally Posted by kostasph View Post
    Hi again,

You need to create the maps in ZBrush first. The Workflow is the ZBrush's Default.
    These colors you see in your SubTools are only Polypaint.

Happy Creations!
    oh I didn't notice that sorry xD

I have last 2 questions sorry for bothering you :

- how to do this :
    http://i.imgur.com/cleng.jpg

I try but it doesn't show me the icon

- when I Divide object let say I divide 4 times and I want to send it to softimage , it return to divide 1 and send it.

is there away to send it and keep the divide ?

Quote Originally Posted by KLONOA WORKS View Post

- how to do this :
    http://i.imgur.com/cleng.jpg

I try but it doesn't show me the icon

- when I Divide object let say I divide 4 times and I want to send it to softimage , it return to divide 1 and send it.

is there away to send it and keep the divide ?

1. Go to your Softimage User Folder and find Addons\GoZ\Application\toolbars. There you will see the folder bitmaps.
    Copy bitmaps folder in the folder that you have save your main self. Customise your Button and Set in the Bitmap field GoZBrush.

2. By Default only first subdivision level is supported from GoZ Workflow. So I dont think it is an option to keep the subdivision levels for now.

If you want to transfer another level of subdivision, you can set the subdivision level you want and delete Lower(Button: Tool: Geometry: Del Lower). Before that, you can make a clone of your Tool for safety in ZBrush (Button: Tool: Clone), but the clone will give you a new mesh (it will not replace the old one in SI) since it has a new name. I imagine you know that already...

I hope this is helpful

It is a pleasure to help if I can

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi Kostasph, thank you for the great plugin!
    I can now do much better work with SI and Zbrush together! (i can use zsphere retopo tools but clean up and and add edge loops fast in SI)

I have one question: is it possible for the maps to appear in the projects/pictures folder or will this not work? Not a huge problem as i can get them there with "external files" thingy but would be nice

And just to be very cheeky after all your hard work: Will you make it possible to export sculpt layers as shapes to SI like they made for Maya?

Thanks again, efgaristo!

It is a pleasure to help if I can
    Hello Kostas,
    yes your offer is needed

First I'd like to say hello, my first post in here.

Thank you for the good work you have been doing. Bevore I had the goz softimage light plugin installed with zb4.
    This time I have trouble getting the plugin started:

softimage to zb works perfect (after merging the directory I just dropped the .xsiaddon on to the softimage gui)

zb to softimage
    when I start goz it brings up an error from the program GoZInitSoftimage.exe: the program could not be started (0xc000007b)

my System:
    W7 64bit
    zb 4R3
    softimage 2011 subscription pack
    c++ 2010

local admin rights

can you help me?
    any idea what to do?

thanks
    Jo

Quote Originally Posted by KerroPerro View Post
    Hi Kostasph, thank you for the great plugin!
    I can now do much better work with SI and Zbrush together! (i can use zsphere retopo tools but clean up and and add edge loops fast in SI)

I have one question: is it possible for the maps to appear in the projects/pictures folder or will this not work? Not a huge problem as i can get them there with "external files" thingy but would be nice

And just to be very cheeky after all your hard work: Will you make it possible to export sculpt layers as shapes to SI like they made for Maya?

Thanks again, efgaristo!

Hi KerroPerro,

Your request for the Maps is under consideration!

As for the Blend Shapes Like functionality we'll see...

You're welcome, Parakalo!

Quote Originally Posted by sanddorn View Post
    softimage to zb works perfect (after merging the directory I just dropped the .xsiaddon on to the softimage gui)

zb to softimage
    when I start goz it brings up an error from the program GoZInitSoftimage.exe: the program could not be started (0xc000007b)
    Hi sanddorn,

Have you gone through the Step 5.1 of the installation procedure? It is required even if you choose the above manual installation for the xsiaddon.

What I can think for your situation is that you can try to update the Softimage Path in ZBrush.

You don't have to install it again through ZBrush. Just update the path and choose Softimage as your current GoZ enabled Application by pressing ALT + CTRL + G in ZBrush.

I hope that helps...

Thank you,
    Last edited by kostasph; 05-30-12 at 10:24 AM.

Default Thank You! ...and one question

Hi Kostas,

Thank You for this amazing work! How did you find the time to do this?! It works great and as advertised.

I have a problem when exporting to softimage that I hope you or someone else here might have an answer for. It seems some of my geometry is coming in Zbrush offset either to world center or rotated off somewhere. I did check to make sure all transforms were frozen but the problem geometry seems to have a center operator in the modeling stack that just won't disappear and I think this has something to do with it. For example, one of the objects are showing 180 rotation at global y-axis. No matter what I do, freeze center op or freeze translation, I can't freeze it to 0. If this has nothing to do with the problem then please let me know what is.

Thanks again for sharing this amazing tool!

-Rares

p.s. It would be great to be able to import changes as shapes as well as having options to turn off material and uv replacement.

[COLOR=#daa520]Update: [Problem Solved][/COLOR] I figured out that the Transform>'Remove Neutral Pose' is to be used to freeze the center operator under the modeling stack.
    Last edited by RaresH; 05-31-12 at 10:13 AM.
    [url="http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=51626"][font=Arial Black][color=Olive][color=DarkOrange]Caricature Print[/color]
    [/color][/font][/url]

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Delete this message!!!

Hi Kostas,

Sometimes I have the following issues with a mesh coming from Softimage:

1. Name doesn't pass through the exporter, so every polymesh has the name of polymsh in Zbrush
    2. UVs get jammed...

Here I attach the geometry in Softimage emdl format, if you could check this, please.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jester; 05-31-12 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Issue again
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

Hi sanddorn,

Have you gone through the Step 5.1 of the installation procedure? It is required even if you choose the above manual installation for the xsiaddon.

What I can think for your situation is that you can try to update the Softimage Path in ZBrush.

You don't have to install it again through ZBrush. Just update the path and choose Softimage as your current GoZ enabled Application by pressing ALT + CTRL + G in ZBrush.

I hope that helps...

Thank you,
    I have done those steps. Same result.
    I still get this (0xc000007b) error from the GoZInitSoftimage.exe

Our admin here is also thinking about a solution to the problem.

thanks
    Jo

Hi Rares,

I am glad you managed to solve your issue.

Thank you!!!

I have done those steps. Same result.
    I still get this (0xc000007b) error from the GoZInitSoftimage.exe

Our admin here is also thinking about a solution to the problem.

thanks
    Jo
    Hi Jo,

I noticed that in your system you have C++ 2010 installed.

You need C++ 2010 SP1.

Here are some links:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64)

As I mentioned before you don't have to install GoZ again through ZBrush. GoZInitSoftimage.exe does that.

I hope this will help you.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Hi Kostas,

Sometimes I have the following issues with a mesh coming from Softimage:

1. Name doesn't pass through the exporter, so every polymesh has the name of polymsh in Zbrush
    2. UVs get jammed...

Here I attach the geometry in Softimage emdl format, if you could check this, please.

Hi Jester,

Unfortunately I could not open your model in my SI version...

Could you send me your Ztool instead?
    Or use Crosswalk to export it as dotXSI (3.6 version would be ideal) and I will try it again.

As a general info, check your UVs for overlapping and freeze your projection (just a thought).

Thank you

Hi Jo,

I noticed that in your system you have C++ 2010 installed.

You need C++ 2010 SP1.
    Hello Kostas,

sorry, Systemlist wasn't clear: I already have C++ 2010 SP1 installed

I try to install on our seccond machine this afternoon.

thanks
    Jo

Hello Kostas,

sorry, Systemlist wasn't clear: I already have C++ 2010 SP1 installed

I try to install on our seccond machine this afternoon.

thanks
    Jo

IT WORKS
    YEAH

my mistake was that I thought when I have 64bit Win 7 that I need to install the C++ x64
    but your tool seems to be in 32 bit and the microsoft c++ x64 is not compatible to that
    after additionaly installing the c++ x86 version it works just fine

thank you for this tool wich helps a lot for softsurface work in zbrush to be used in xsi
    Jo

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast