Hi Abelirijillo,

Thank you for your feedback.

It seems that, for some reason, you can not access properly the GoZ Default project folder.
    Unfortunately I don't have access to Softimage 2013 so I can't be very specific to your situation.

Some actions that might help you:

Check the Pixolologic public folder and especially: "C:\Users\Public\Pixologic\GoZProjects\Default" and make sure you have proper access rights (read and write permission).

Also check whether that Default folder contains the GoZ meshes you have exported from ZBrush or Softimage.

Go to your XSI.exe and make sure that you run it as Administrator.

Something else that is advisable to do, is to clear the cache files from ZBrush Menu: Preferences>GoZ>clear cache files.

I hope something of the above is helpfull...

Hi Kostas... Thanks for the help. Anyway I didn´t have to make none of those steps, because for some reason the problems dissappeared after updating my version of Z-brush. And in fact I reviewed that folder before to contact you and there were not such files. I don´t know why, I didn´t do something different, and I had the same permissions to read an write in that folder. Well, any way I´d like to know where could I contact you for some help in Softimage C++ API and why not to tell you some enhancements you could do in Goz for Softimage. Bless you.

Hi Abelirijillo ,

I am glad that everything works fine eventually.
    As proved once again, the first step to solve a problem is to see that there is actually a problem... Happy Creations!!!

Thank you for your interest.

Stay tuned...

Kostasph, great work. XSI with GOZ stucks from time to time but it works.
    Is there any way didn't place zbrush on top of all windows each time i use GoZ?

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Goz Zbrush to XSI

wow my message appeared after the subsequent one (8 hours or more after I actually posted it)
    see post right under this one. Thanks!
    ~ Ishibim ~

When I take my model (polypainted, detailed etc) and press "All" or "GoZ" which is supposed to send the specific model or "All" of the subtools with their textures to softimage, it encounters this message: " unable to open the file= C: user/public/pixologic/GozBrush/Scripts/Goz_exportfromZbrush

I use a pc: windows xp (x64), Zb 4r4
    I read all the thread and encountered the same problem as "kilowhat" which I fixed before reading the topic, but I'm still stuck because I dont seem to have any documents at this specific location :Public\Pixologic\GoZProjects < seems to be missing... maybe from the initial download provided by Kostas?

Nor do I have the scripts in the GoZBrush/Scripts >

Any leads would help... but there are definitely missing documents or Idk. I'll look into "hidden files", but I doubt its the case. I have to be honest here... my knowledge is limited despite I followed a prog class.. and I'd rather give more time into creating than understanding a program (no offense). So far I love zb!

Thanks!
    ~ Ishibim ~

why does uv get distorted like this, and is there a way to fix it?

http://i.imgur.com/xAlRL66.png
    http://i.imgur.com/kUyKnxT.png

edit: i might have fixed but i dont know why its working...

1. export the model to zbrush
    2. export it back to softimage without doing anything
    3. uv map it
    4. export to zbrush again and the uv's are fine

even with the exact same seams

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I've got still some issues.

The biggest one is that after the use of GoZ Softimage playback is stopped...I can't playback animation, simulation until I restart
    Cheers,

Szabolcs Matefy "Jester"

Senior Character Artist
    ZBrush, Maya

Default UV troubles

using it under softimage 2014 sp2 64 bit

every time i send something TO zbrush for the first time it corrupts the UV.

probably something wrong with sending or importing the vertex order...

i`m available in case you might need some help for testing.

Hi kostasph

Super thanks for a really great plugin. Had to do last step manually and then work fine. I am running SI 2014 and R6, so if anyone wondering it is working. I am sure things might pop up down the line and will try to help you as much as you have help a lot of people, welldone!!!

Speak to you soon - now off to sculpt blend shapes, just made expressions fun again!

Member Follow User Gallery

Thanx a lot Kostas, GOZ makes my life a lot easier.

I have a question though, is it possible to make GOZ use a "....Users\Public\Pixologic" folder that's not on the default C drive ? I moved my "users" folder to another disk, but noticed yesterday that GOZ no longer works. Unless I recreate the "....Users\Public\Pixologic" folder on the C drive.

Thanks,

-Ronald

Pixologic - Thomas Follow User Gallery

Toonafish: no, it's not possible, it's the way GoZ it's working and it's not related to the GoZ for Softimage implementation.
    Pixologic official: Blog | ZBrushLive | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Discord
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    My personal 3D - 3D Printing blog: polysculpt.com

Member Follow User Gallery

Okay, thanks Totyo.

-Ronald

Quote Originally Posted by kiloWhat
    Thank you very much. Your advise put me on the right path. It seems the problem was a lack of a C++ Redistributable Package x64. It is now working fine.
    Could you please tell which package that was and where to get it?
    I'm having the same problem. GoZ works fine in Softimage but not in ZBrush, always complains about not being administrator when trying to install.
    I have tried tweaking permissions but it doesn't seem to help (Softimage 2013 SP1, ZBrush 4R6, Win7 64-bit).

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 39101112