Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I'm posting a project that I've been working on for a while now. My attempt was to demonstrate my grasp of the human form, and to show skills in texturing and rendering. But as I went along I kept finding more techniques, processes, and programs that pushed this project forward and challenged me more and more. What started off as an anatomy study turned into a full on research project in all things involved with character creation.

I wanted to create a woman with a lot of tattoos and piercings in something of a pin-up pose. I wanted everything to feel as natural and believable as possible at least from a design perspective. I hope you all enjoy!

Here is the high-resolution beauty render before the filter and AO pass.

Modeling: ZBrush, Maya
    Rendering: Maya Mental Ray
    Texturing: ZBrush, Ptex, Photoshop
    Clothing: Marvelous Designer, ZBrush
    Hair: Shave and a Haircut

More renders to come along with breakdowns. Any questions, comments, or critiques, feel free.
    Last edited by KrisKelly3D; 05-23-12 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Model adjustment 2

Looks pretty impressive, I like the render colors a lot. It's almost there, but I think the neck looks a little too skinny for a real chick. It could also just be the angle, but her right (our left) arm looks short, and the fingers look kinda pudgy and thick. Fixing those small things will def add to the realness of the piece. Good job overall though.

Wow, she's hot

Clothing is perfect, Tattoos look excellent. Expression is also great. 5 stars from me, excellent piece.

You certainly achieved what you set out too and some. awesome model and render and texture and pose! ha it's all great and she looks stunning well played.

Default What an amazing piece

Incredible render of the clothing, Very alluring look in her eyes.

Only one issue is the right hand, maybe the perspective that gives a swollen look.

All nitpicking aside, I love the execution.

Member Follow User Gallery

omg super awesome!

Hey guys and gals,

Here are some ZGrabs of the model out of zbrush. I really like the way the pore details came through so high. I actually did separate texture maps for the head and the body.

I also have to say thanks to David Krentz, he help me flesh out some of the anatomy issues early in the project. Check out his work here - http://www.davidkrentz.com

More to come

New Member Follow User Gallery

Great details on this piece !
    Amazing work on anatomy and rendering.
    "Tragedy can be Funny."

Thx for the comments guys!

Just so nobody thought I was hiding anything with the filters here is the original without and Photoshop changes.

However I like the way this looks in vintage black and white.

Still more renders to come!
    Last edited by KrisKelly3D; 05-23-12 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Model Adjustment 2

She's got really beautiful features. I don't mind the suicide girls look (sorry for placing it in a group, I generally don't like to generalize) but what I really like about her is her features. Her hair is the only thing I think could use a bit more love. It looks artificial compared to the rest of her.
    --
    http://www.tobbeo.net/

love it! the only critique I can say is she has man hands! the fingers and bones in her hands are to thick for a small boned woman

really great hyper detail on the skin, would you share how you did it? the brushes and process you went thru to get it so nice. great cloth as well, is that hand modeled or simmed? very great work.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Great job!! Cool render!

Great job!! Cool render!

Damn i am in love with that cloth and that feel of cotton material
    how did you make it ?
    Zbrush ?

hey guys thanks for all the comments, i certainly see what was said about the hands. I guess amongst everything else I just missed it. I'll probably adjust them and repost, I doubt that little change will get any real notoriety but for my portfolio and for the people that were nice enough to take a look and critique, i'll make the changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast