ZBrushCentral

Roland/Clint

A work-in-progress of The Gunslinger/Roland/Clint/The Man With No Name…

Attachments

gunslinger_009.jpg

gunslinger_010.jpg

gunslinger_011.jpg

gunslinger_012.jpg

gunslinger_013.jpg

gunslinger_014.jpg

gunslinger_015.jpg

Update:

gunslinger_016.jpg

Update:

gunslinger_018.jpeg

Attachments

gunslinger_017.jpeg

Update:
gunslinger_021.jpeg

Attachments

gunslinger_019.jpeg

gunslinger_020.jpeg

I sure would love to get some feedback! :slight_smile:
gunslinger_024.jpg

nice work i like the pose and the cloth gives a nice touch but i would recomend you look at anatomy when it comes to makeing hands and heads and tell me are you useing a tablet or a sketchpad to sculpt your fold?

Thanks for the feedback! I haven’t touched the hands yet, and the head is still rough, so those parts definitely have a long way to go. As for the cloth folds, I’m using a wacom tablet and a lot of reference material, but the cloth is still rough and needs refinement. Thanks again!

well your going on the right path hope to see more from this project

Spent some time on the hands, still more to do…
gunslinger_029.jpg

Great improvement from your last post!
The hands keep bugging me a bit, not sure if that is why but, the knuckle part is a little too pointy especially on his right hand.
I suppose the materials aren’t final also, so I won’t comment on that :stuck_out_tongue:
The wrinkles on the shoes look a little like folds, they should be more flattened.
If you are willing to change the pose, since you are going for a mysterious look with the dark face etc. I’d tell you to put his left arm more in the shadows as well, of course then all the attention goes to the other hand so you want something happening there, perhaps the gun should be held.

Thanks for the feedback! I agree about the hands, they need more work. I want them to have a slightly “skeletal” quality, but the knuckles are too pronounced at the moment.

I like the idea of putting his left arm more in shadow, but I’d like to avoid putting the gun in his right hand. I think there is something even more threatening about a gunslinger standing almost casually, relaxed. The implied threat being his right hand, which could draw and shoot in a flash. I imagine him facing someone down in a quick draw duel.

I spent some time on the hat, face, and vest. I’m still not happy with the vest. Ignore the eyes, I’m missing a texture. Feel free to comment/critique, thanks!

gunslinger_034.jpg

hello again :stuck_out_tongue: !
Generally it has a plastic quality, not only from the material but from the smoothness of all the folds on his clothes.
I think you got more realistic with the pants but the vest and the shirt still have very round folds.
Also the vest is undefined, no pockets no texture no buttons or anything, so even if the form is ok it wouldn’t be satisfying.
On the shirt you should make larger folds, so to speak, right now it shows that what you did was draw folds with a small brush
on the base mesh.

I don’t mean to be harsh I guess you know that since you thanked me the last time :stuck_out_tongue:
when we work on something for a long time, we start thinking what else is there to do?
and we don’t find anything but that’s because we don’t push ourselves over our own skill limits!

Looking forward for another update!

I spent some time on the vest, started roughing in some textures on the pants, and tweaked the lighting.

This is looking very good. I am a huge fan of Clint Eastwood, and if you are trying for a realistic likeness when you get to his face even in his younger years he has a very rough face. The pose is awesome I remember him in this exact pose from the movie. Keep it up looking great.

The Big Iron (in progress)

Minor update:

Minor iteration: worked on the face, vest, poncho, and guns. Let me know what you think!

I don’t know if your going to add more detail i.e. more texture etc… but for me, I love just the way it looks. Has that ‘cool simple’ collectibles look/feel. AWESOME in my book!