ZBrushCentral

Ayo, It's Omar!

Hi everyone, been working on this for a while. Took me a bit of time to finish because I’ve been pretty busy with work. Finally got one of favourite characters from “The Wire” finished though. Sculpted and textured in Zbrush. Extracted all the maps and rendered it in Vray for Maya. Ayo! :smiley:

Attachments

Omarweb2.jpg

OmarWeb1.jpg

Here’s a turntable. :cool:

[vv]42975470[/vv]

nice work

Thanks, nicksc. I thought I was done done but apparently there is still a bit of tweaking to be done with the render. :lol: I’ll post the update soon enough.

Wonderful!! And I’m not just saying that because Omar’s one of the best characters of all time. :wink: Very close likeness.

(I’m still trying to figure out how to get maps out of Zbrush without using XNormal!)

Thanks, kalero.

I’ve done some material tweaks and some other adjustments here and there, hopefully they are noticeable and an improvement on the initial one.

OmarFinaAdjusted.jpg

Attachments

OmarFinaAdjustedWeb.jpg

OmarFinaAdjustedWeb.jpg

nice work man!

Indeed.

Great work.

Thanks guys. :+1:

beautiful work man. looks exactly like him

Thanks, Derek. :+1:

THIS is sooo awesome i love this show!!

@ odelpalmer: Thanks a lot.
I tweaked the skin and hair a bit as I felt he was too “shiny” and the hair lacked sheen. This will most likely be the final edit. Thanks for passing by.

i have seen this thread a few times and it gets a little bit better with each new image, but the thing that bothers me is the perfectly edged facial hair. Otherwise i think the head looks great.

Thanks robertrageson. I actually had a variation where his tash wasn’t so sharp but I decided to go with this one for some reason. Some of the references I used had that sharpness which I liked.

odelpalmer: I almost didn’t catch your question as it was included in the quote! I used Vray for Maya. First time really trying something like this in it so I’ve learnt a lot.