ZBrushCentral

The Hawk's Nest (Nufftalon 3D Studio Sketchbook)

I have decided to start a sketchbook on zbrush I’m becoming more comfortable with zbrush and I am planning on doing alot of sculpts in it. I am excited to start this. I will be making alot of head sculpts only and then once I perfect that move on to torso, arms, hands, legs, and feet. I will then start doing full character sculpts and then posing via zsphere rigging. I hope to break the symmetry meet some friends and get some good feedback. I enjoy and support zbrush central to the fullest!

So here is my first sculpt about 20-30 minutes

Attachments

quickbulk1.jpg

quickbulk1.jpg

My latest I need to study the anatomy of the face more gonna start making some skulls

quicksculpt.jpgherreee.jpg

My first skull still wip

skully.jpg

go back some subdivision levels and block out the right shapes and use references
just google for some images and try to sculpt the silhouette on a low subdivision level
keep going!

Thanks for the tip… I will try to work on that:) I have a bad habit of jumping sub levels early on I have gotten better at it but not quite there yet. I will try to keep doing a sculpt a day and use more references.

FRONTANDSIDE.jpg

Was doing some sculpting today. I will continue to work on faces hopefully female faces soon as well wanna nail male faces down first. Oh there is a croc head in there because I just got a little carried away
a1.jpga2.jpga3.jpga4.jpga5.jpgm.jpgm1.jpgm2.jpgm.jpgs1.jpg

I was following along with my book this is steroid guy well my version inspired by Rafael Ghencev. Was practicing a bit here is what I have so far. I need to learn some more anatomy for the face little by little I am recognizing key features but obviously not quite there yet

Attachments

steroid1.jpg

Ok so here is what I have so far I mean its not the best not remotely close to Rafael Ghencev’s version but it is my best work yet as far as heads goes. I have alot more to learn and alot of techniques to try. I’m a bit nervous about doing the eyes but I will research that and figure the best way to execute adding eyelids and appending the spheres for eyes. Let me know how it looks. All in all I am understanding zbrush alot better now I have built this mostly using clay buildup brush I like it because it doesn’t feel as harsh as clay tubes but of course changing alphas helps that again still learning. First ear I have ever done too.

Here is my progress think I might of messed up the eyelids when I tried to conform the eyeballs gonna have to practice that.

A small revision. I’m feeling at this point that I need to take a step back to take a step forward. I have some cloudy areas about what shows up on the surface and what doesn’t I understand the underlying structure a bit better now maybe some facial l’ecorche will do me good.

was experimenting with different brushes quick sculpt

Was working on a sculpt using reference when I use dynamesh and subdivide it fights me when its time to smooth areas like the cheeks any ideas?

John Goodman Sculpt Progress so far…

johngoodmanculpt.jpg

Here is my progress on my John Goodman Sculpt
johnnny.jpg

I fixed some areas and gave him some eyes might do some more tweaking I happen to like it though.
steroid.jpg

Hungry Batman
hungry-bats.jpg

Hahahaa that batman head looks cool…maybe you should make that a project…a demonic/zombie batman?

hey man yeah thats a good idea I might come up with something for it

I was working on idris elba sculpt as heimdall. I want to really nail his features and likeness before I move on to the head piece. I have learned alot about anatomy but still have alot more to learn gotta keep practicing and studying.
idris.jpg