ZBrushCentral

Shrine Game Asset

Hey Everyone :slight_smile:

I’m such a big fan of the awesome work on here, always inspiring stuff to see…

So anyway…this little model I’ve made probably wont turn too many heads amongst the great stuff on show, but I thought I would share it anyway. It’s just a little game asset for a personal environment project I have just started, but I thought I would give it the full Zbrush treatment, and it’s the first time I’ve really tried to do any environment stuff in this way.

All feedback very welcome :slight_smile:

keep sculpting everyone…

Cheers,
Twocats.

Attachments

Shrine_01.jpg

Shrine_02.jpg

Shrine_03.jpg

Shrine_02.jpg

Shrine_03.jpg

This is a great piece of art. The low poly is especially good. You have brought together Mood, Place and Purpose. Your execution is clean. On top of that, you did it with just a few simple shapes and even fewer colors. The most important thing to me is you gave it feeling.
With this as a base you could add more simple things to take it in new directions. Maybe some vines for a jungle look or build a temple wall behind it etc.
Well done

great job twocats, I like it a lot. keep posting your progress please.

very nice feedback dingle001

Ezra

awesome stuff. how did you approach this creation?

What dingle said.

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I want to see the rest of the environment :slight_smile:

Great work!!! What is your workflow?

Thankyou very much for taking the time to have a look and post your comments everyone. :slight_smile:

Dingle001 - Thankyou for those very kind words and feedback.

GX@W and FairCat - The creation process/workflow is pretty simple really for this. I firstly made a base mesh in Maya, neat and in even sized quads, then imported to Zbrush, importantly with each ‘brick’ as a seperate part of the mesh (not connected edges/verts) and did an auto group within Zbrush to split it into the polygroups you can see in the screen grabs. This allowed me to sculpt each stone individually (hiding by polygroup crtl + shift click) and still keep the neat joins between them. For this I used some custom brushes I made in Zbrush which were basically grabbed alphas of single cracks which I had sculpted independently. Once the high poly sculpt was done I decimated it down before exporting it back to maya. I then made a low poly version to fit the high poly sculpt and UV unwrapped it, and using ‘Transfer Maps’ tool in Maya baked normal and Occlusion maps from the high poly version. All that was then left to do was Paint the Diffuse texture (mostly just picking out highlights and adding variation and to paint a Spec map. Hope that all made sense…

I will be sure to add more WIP screens as I develop this project further - expect more props in this style and hopefully eventually a finished game environment :slight_smile:

Thanks again,
Twocats.