Quote Originally Posted by hendrik F View Post
    hey guys,
    thanks for your support. I'm glad you like it

@Etcher: you're welcome. and thank you for making these awesome tutorials all the time

@davidness: I love the new insert brush features! I keep looking at things wondering if I could make it into a tri part IMM.

@zber2, Phönix: you're welcome! After I posted this, I saw aurick's thread. I had to run, so I didn't have time to post it there, but will do so now.

@Promethias: yes, it might be a bit too high rez, though if you look closely, you can see that it's actually still somewhat lowrez. As lowrez as it can
    be, that is But you're right, it's nice to have both depending on your needs.

As for your question, after making the rope, I duplicated it and moved one of them along the other until it lined up again. Then, I cut the other one
    at that point by hiding the rest, Delete Hidden and Close Holes. Now I had a short piece of rope that had a matching beginning and end. Though, I
    did have to go in with the Move Brush and do some fixing, because it didn't line up 100%. You can still see the "seams", if you look closely.
    It's not the perfect solution, but then again I only played around for a short time... It's probably easier to show than to explain, so if it's still not
    clear, just let me know And check out what Seavannah wrote about the end caps and how to make an insert brush!

@Seavannah: thanks! And thanks for explaining the workflow again

@Bas Mazur: you're very welcome!

So, I just made another one. I have my bike with me in my room and noticed the dirty bike chain and thought should clean it. But then I had a much
    better idea. Why not make a chain insert brush instead

And here it is. Not sure if it'll be of use for anyone. Just wanted to see if I can pull it off

Oh and I will post both of them in Aurick's thread after this.

cheers!

Attachment 316732
    There is a bicycle chain delivered with ZBrush 4R4 in the "BetaTesterBrushes" section too (take a look in the LightBox, there are also some others!), but yours is more accurate.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

haha, yeah someone beat me to the punch. I discovered those about half an hour after posting this.. Oh well, I still had fun making it.
    I remember making a bike once a few years back in 3DSMax and how painful it was making and placing the bike chain. Then again,
    I wasn't really that experienced in Max back then. But ZBrush is so much quicker and so much more fun!

I was also thinking about making an extension cord brush, but then I saw that someone had already made one. I have to be quicker
    about this I might make one anyway, though. Just for fun
    Last edited by hendrik F; 07-29-12 at 02:11 PM.

Your chain brush is awesome thanks so much for sharing. No problem at all and my pleasure, just wanted to show my thanks for the brush glad it worked out so well. Love that chain so awesome and nice you sharing them! Have fun ZBrushing!

Default Dominos IMM Brush

Hey guys,

had a new idea for an insert brush that came to me after playing dominos with some friends the other night.
    I made all the domino pieces in low poly, so if you want some roundness, you should subdivide a couple times.
    I actually made two brushes. A curve brush that draws a line of random domino pieces and one that just inserts
    individual ones.

Not sure if they are of any use for anyone, but I thought I should share anyway

cheers!

HF_Dominos_IMM.zip

really great inspiring work. Thank you for sharing

I had already uploaded a chain brush to this thread, but decided it was just too difficult to use because it was such high-rez. So, I decided to replace it with a low-rez version that can be divided after it's been drawn.
    I couldn't edit my original post, so I had to make a new one here. (The original link won't work any more.) I've also added several other chains to the brush. Some of the chains are only slightly different from each other, while others are quite different. I hope they prove useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x5npu8oxh0bio09/Mf5OkTy4eN
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234