ZBrushCentral

Dencii's Sketchbook

Greetings, ZBC. I’m Dencii from the Philippines. Started learning 3D and ZBrush last year and this is my first post here. I humbly seek your help to make my work look more professional as I aspire to be a 3D artist. I’m constantly trying to break away from that line between being a good hobbyist and a decent artist. Thank you.

For my first question, how to make good looking renders/comp/post? I have attached my latest work and it feels like a photograph of a toy instead of a 30-foot-monster-from-a-movie look I’m going for. He’s my version of Tsathoggua by the way. A creature from the Cthulu Mythos. Thanks again.

tsathscreenshot.jpgtsathoggua-by-dencii.jpg

wow man that looks crazy. Cool creature keep it up!

Thanks, hawktime :slight_smile:
And here’s another.
mermaid-by-dencii.jpgmermaidscreenshot.jpg

nice posing I would push the water feeling more in the final if you want to that is:)

goblinsharman_dencii.jpg
Hi guys. Left one is a render from Marmoset Toolbag 2.

The character design is fantastic. It’s pretty good.

tyrionv2wip2.jpg
Hi guys. Sculpted in ZBrush (and face polypaint), clothes textured in DDO, rendered in Marmoset. Gonna work on proper hair next. Thanks for viewing.tyrionv2wip.jpg

Hi ZBC! Here’s a tribute to Jules Winnfield from Pulp Fiction as played by Samuel L. Jackson. Sculpted and rendered in ZBrush and comp in PS. Cheers!
jules_winnfield_small.png

This is great! The expression! :+1:

Love this character. And the model is pretty damn close. I just feel his irises are too small, unless u did it intentionally :smiley:

Takai: Thanks!
n1agara: Now that you mentioned it, the irises indeed are a bit small. I wish I spotted this earlier before finalizing it. Thanks.

I know it man! You stare at your creation for hours and hours and get used to the work so much u miss some things.

The small irises are still cool tho, give him an angrier look :lol:

Your sculpt really captures the essence of the Jules Winnfield character. :+1:

Thanks Webhead!

Here’s another project I’m working on. Azmodan from Diablo III fan art WIP
azmoconlegs.jpg

Attachments

azmoconlegs.jpg

Azmodan update.
azmo1.jpg
azmo2.jpg

Attachments

azmo1.jpg

azmo2.jpg

Azmodan01J_DennisBatol.jpg
Azmodan02J_DennisBatol.jpg
Rendered in Unreal Engine 4

Attachments

Azmodan01J_DennisBatol.jpg

Hi guys. Long time no post. Here are some sculpts I did for 3D printing. Cheers.
azmodan_sm.jpg
twisted-icon.jpg
Oro_Street_Fighter.jpg

1. Azmodan, Diablo 3 fan art
  2. The Twisted Icon, original design
  3. Oro, Street Fighter fan art

Attachments

azmodan_sm.jpg

twisted-icon.jpg

Oro_Street_Fighter.jpg