ZBrushCentral

Erik Hallberg's Scetchbook

Lately I’ve been practicing some likeness sculpting and I thought that I’d share some progress on it! It’s still very much a work in progress, but hopefully I’ll finnish it in some form sooner or later.

Attachments

headSculpt_v001.jpg

testEyes_comp_v001.jpg

testSkin_comp_v001.jpg

Just a bit of sculpting progress on the head.

I’ve updated the sculpt a bit, though ofcourse still more work is to be done. I also added a quick color texture. Sorry about the misplaced eyebrows!
rendercompv001.jpg

great likeness … great achievement :wink:

Great likeness indeed, I’ve been tackling my own likeness bust and boy oh boy is it a touch cookie to crack! one pixel out of place and you lose the entire effect. nice render too, is that BPR?

WOW! it looks alive! great stuff. What was your render prosses?

Eiad

Thank you! Though, it’s not quite there yet! Still much work to be done here!

SammehSAMURAI

Thanks! Yeah, it’s possibly the trickiest thing to get right sculptingwise if you ask me. I’ve attempted a few before and luckely I seem to learn some from each new one I make (though none have ever been finished…). It’s not BPR. I actually have little to no experience with the BPR so this is rendered within maya with mental ray.

LeoAMD

Thank you very much! The render process isn’t that good for now. It’s rendered in one pass in mental ray, then print screened (!) into photoshop for a few curve adjustments, noise and CA. Since it’s all just wip tests it doesn’t need to be anything fancy.

I’ll look into placing the eyebrows more carefully (even though they will be done properly later), since I’m sure they too are important to nail the likeness.

Looking good so far!

Derek Frenzo

Thank you for the comment!

Not a big update, and I do realize that I need to make a few mayor adjustments to a few bigger features such as the nose in particular to get it closer. I don’t know why the nose has been so forgotten…

I find that these updates where I take it through render and comp helps me see flaws in the sculpt more easily and so even though this is only on it’s way I find it useful to share my wips since it forces me to step up my game! And it’s also a great way to keep track of the evolution of a project :slight_smile:

Hair is a photograph added in comp… it really makes me want to try to make realistic cg hair though…

rendercompv002.jpg

Here’s another little project. There are a lot of first times for me on this: first time sculpting something a little bit more “advanced” from a nothing but a sphere, first time using dynamesh, first time utilizing claypolish, first time using Qremesher and first time modelling a dinosaur. It was really quick and the biggest shunk of time was spent on understanding Qremesher. Cred for the speed at wich this was made goes fully to ZBrush… the workflow is pretty amazing!

trex_v001.jpg

Here’s an older head. A very very quick one from back in april!

oldHead_001_v001.jpg

I like the head!
But that T-rex is just insane!!
I love it!! Really great forms

Man, great stuff all around, but I really dig the look of the last head.

timpo & FatherO

Thank you both so much!

Here’s another little doodle.

progress_v001.jpg

One more doodle. Very quick. This time I attempted to sculpt something from nothing but a ground plane without the aid of symmetry (though, the “gun” was made from a separate object).

planeSculpt.jpg

love the style

Really cool stuff, dig the last two heads a lot! :slight_smile:

Thank you both! :smiley:

This is a larger project that I’ve been working on (and off…) for a long time, and I’m getting closer on finishing up on some of the modeling.

I’ve just started to test out some rendering in the BPR, and I’m curious to know if anyone knows of a good trick to get rid of the very black shadows that I get just above his lower eyelids.

marinev003.jpg

Very cool sculpt this last one and specially like the ryan gosling sculpt too! :+1:

cant help you on the BPR unfortunately, as iv not really used it either,

Beautiful work! Regarding the hard shadows perhaps position a new light low in the scene or turn down your shadow strength, light & render menus respectively. -S