New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Male Anatomy Study

Needed to practice some anatomy so here is a male figure that I did while following Scott Spencer's book "Digital Scultping: Human Anatomy". Any comments or critiques are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Maya Render:

You seem to have anatomy and proportion issues with the model. I feel that the silhouette of the form is not quite there. I highly recommend you practice with sketching the anatomy out to the point you are very comfortable with it before jumping into zbrush. Helped me a ton.

Also, what images or books are you using for references? If you're trying for a comic booky style, I suggest you familiar yourself with the realistic form first. One thing that my teacher said to me that stuck ever since was "you have to know the rules before you can break them"

Also, here is a quick sketch I did to give you an idea what I mean about the silhouette:

Good luck with it all and just keep pushing yourself

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the advice and for taking the time to make the sketch. Sounds like good practice to draw the silhouette to get comfortable with the form before moving into ZBrush, and I should probably gather more reference material.

I wasn't necessarily going for a "comic book" style, but I was striving for a super hero type build.

-Thanks