Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default JL-Art's sketchbook

Hey Guys! Finally found the courage to be a part of this forum. I've only been using ZBrush for a couple of weeks and for the moment I'm just trying to learn as much stuff as possible. I'm going to use this thread as a sketchbook to show some of my works (good or bad)... Comments are welcome.

Thanks for watching.

---

Here are some quick sketches I did just for fun. Trying to experiment a little.

Last edited by JL-Art; 07-12-12 at 12:34 PM.

I've been sick for a couple of days (and really bored) so today I started in this bearded gentleman. The sculpt is actually made after a concept by the awesome Hethe Srodawa link and i found it while locking inside an issue of Imagine FX. Don't really have the issue myself, only a small copy in my iphone. Still, i think I'm getting there, slowly... Here's a WIP.

Small update on the dude I'm working on. Think I'll be doing his hair next, then some asymmetry and in the end some experimenting with alphas. Cheers!

Finally found the time to finish him. As always I've already found a lot of things I would like to change... but it's time to move on.

Last edited by JL-Art; 07-19-12 at 10:35 AM.

Cool expression and nice touch with the Strands of hair. Smooth sculpt with the mustache and beard.
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
    Cool expression and nice touch with the Strands of hair. Smooth sculpt with the mustache and beard.
    Thanks man! Still learning for every stroke I'm taking. Nice knowing I'm doing something right though.
    Last edited by JL-Art; 07-19-12 at 01:08 PM.

Hey guys.

Started on some fan art yesterday which I've been wanting to do for quite some time. I've been a fan of Gears of War since the first day and I've spent a lot (!) of hours playing multiplayer. And with the inspiration from the GOW3 thread here on ZBC I really wanted to try making a sculpture (bust) of a character. Really digging the design on Barrick so I decided to give it a try. Hopefully he will turn out OK, or atlest recognizable.

Well, the sculpt is pretty much done. Might do some minor changes later on, but for now I will continue focusing on painting him.

New Member Follow User Gallery

cool woks, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by inacarolina View Post
    cool woks, congrats!
    Thanks man!

Here is my final sculpt and render of Barrick. Rendered in ZBrush and composed in Photoshop. Also my first time trying to create some serious polypainting, which was a lot of fun! C&C are welcome.

I'll be posting some viewport shots later on.

Last edited by JL-Art; 08-12-12 at 08:02 AM.

I really enjoyed doing Barrick so I figured.... why not do one more.

This time it's Marcus (unarmored Marcus) turn and hopefully he will turn out at least recognisable. Also trying to push my realism a little bit this time around and therefore I'll be using fiber mesh (for the first time).

Here's a little wip.

Last edited by JL-Art; 08-20-12 at 11:40 AM.

Hello everyone!

Here's a couple of different angels from my Barrick sculpt, without any fancy rendering or composition. Pretty much forgot about posting them.

I also finished my unarmored Marcus sculpt.

Some angels...

And the final composed version. First time using fiber mesh, which was a little bit tricky, but lot's of fun.

I'm doing a little project in school where I do bust sculpts of game characters. Pretty satisfied with the ones from GoW so I thought I'd continue with another franchise: Far Cry.
    Really looking forward to Far Cry 3... and Vaas is a really interesting character (or so he seems) so I figured I'd give him a try.
    Haven't gotten especially far yet but with a little test posing and some sketching I think the end result may end up something like this.

USA on Planet Earth somewhere in the Universe

Like your models This nice expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by JL-Art View Post
    Finally found the time to finish him. As always I've already found a lot of things I would like to change... but it's time to move on.

SpaceMan's Space Book Journal On ZBrush
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...rnal-On-ZBrush

Wormholes were first introduced to the public over a century ago in a book written by an Oxford mathematician. Perhaps realizing that adults might frown on the idea of multiply connected spaces, he wrote the book under a pseudonym and wrote it for children. His name was Charles Dodgson, his pseudonym was Lewis Carroll, and the book was Through The Looking Glass. ***8212; Michio Kaku

It's kind of fun to do the impossible...
    - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast