Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hi Michaelis,

Interesting insights coming from you about the different softwares advantages ( great by the way, that z-brush-forum kind of tolerates this discussion within some limits I suppose. I have been member of forums, that sadly werent that relaxed (hash.com).
    That as well as their fantastic no price update policy since many generations makes me very fond of that great company)

So to put it the other way round: If z-brush would implement or connect to a similar renderer like cycles, the need to use blender as well would not be that evident for you any more, right? So maybe a featurerequest?

I know z-brush is 2.5d, but is it therefor that impossible for z-brush 5 to become a fully fledged animation software (maybe with physical rendering) as well?

About Sculptris: What features do you guys want to have updated so urgently.
    Why not just delete the alpha eticette and leave it as it is as everybodys beginners guide to z-brush.

Sorry, just some questions from a bystander, who is not that deep into all that techy stuff.

Honestly, there's not much can be done with Sculptris, without it becoming something else entirely. But I have some suggestions, ones that should be simple enough to be do-able. How about some Imaging Tools. Brightness and Contrast for alphas. And maybe some way to import an image, then crop out a portion use as a texture. Not a full Spotlight for Sculptris, but some easy basics so we don't have to exit and do in in another app. And How about some extra shape buttons, ones we can point to our own custom shapes, so I can start with a base bust, or a Quad car chunk rather than just a sphere or plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine91555 View Post
    Sean, interesting thread and designs
    Thanks! I enjoyed it, it was draining, but worth it.

Thanks for giving us a taste of something fresh, something good. Thanks for Sculptris, thank you. Your product woke up a passion in me that lingers even 2 years later!

Thank you.

Are there any news regarding the new UI?

@maciej Unfortunately, a couple of years ago Pixo brushed aside the entire idea (if you look back to the bottom of page 8 you can see where). I still had at least a small bit of hope at that time that it was because they had something in the works for Sculptris. As we can see now, they knew then that there wasn't going to be anything new for Sculptris any time soon. At this point what you see is what you get.

It would be to good to be true (but kind) if copyright holders made Sculptris open-source but the new UI could still be released as a plugin for instance. That depends on legally binding technical implementation.

I guess there's slightly more of a chance of that now than there was back then. Though they may still see Sculptris (and what it could become if given a chance) as a threat to their own product. There certainly isn't a lack of ideas in ways to make it just that little bit better. But, it's one that we may not see for many years to come.

I'm afraid Sculptris is slowly but surely going to be just another free digital sculpting app. What I've always enjoyed about Sculptris is the smooth feel of it and I've been unable to find anything else with it's immediacy - until recently:
    http://stephaneginier.com/sculptgl/
    As time goes by this technology will probably become readily available and Sculptris' boat will have sailed. Sad that it's in suspended animation, frozen in time.
    What I don't understand is why Pixologic doesn't add a few more functions to Sculptris and charge a modest price for it - I'd be willing to pay; that way, it keeps users contented and possibly makes them more likely to move on to Zbrush which, after all, is Pixologic's intention.

Member Follow User Gallery

TBH, I very much believe the whole purpose of Pixologic hiring the dude from Sculptris is so he could in some way help implement its tech into a new version of ZBrush. Given which version, it will most likely be version 5. Because an app like Sculptris, I am sure would work better under 64-Bit architecture. Especially given all the power it already does as a powerful app. Just imagine the things to be done with it w/ the current ZB architecture.

Heck, I'd be surprised if ZB doesn't get a new UI update for Version 5.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2891011