Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kokoro View Post
    quite innovative! and while i look at it, i feel like it would be fun to sculpt over this (if that is possible ...lol..) and create small "calm" areas...i imagine this would make the piece even stronger...amazing work, a pleasure to visit your thread to be surprised :-)
    Kokoro many thx always kind, answering you can of course sculpt over it for relax some areas but in this case i wanted to preserve the form pure and simple generated from the technique i'm exploring. Maybe next time i'll use some more sculpt.At the same time i wanted a sort of new anatomy structure maybe extrem but different..it is a demon at the end eheh
    Thx for watching and comment, very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LVXIFER View Post
    Kokoro many thx always kind, answering you can of course sculpt over it for relax some areas but in this case i wanted to preserve the form pure and simple generated from the technique i'm exploring. Maybe next time i'll use some more sculpt.At the same time i wanted a sort of new anatomy structure maybe extrem but different..it is a demon at the end eheh
    Thx for watching and comment, very much appreciated.
    good job, LUXIFER, I really like, a strong image
    a question, you having
    contacts with the devil
    when I do the Zapplink, when I do the renders, always come out from behind some white spots,
    have any solution, the devil?
    or you know some trick?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	349524  

what i see is like when you enlarge the document size with a subtool on the canvass..in general i don't have this so called error
    so i don't know how to help you

Quote Originally Posted by LVXIFER View Post
    what i see is like when you enlarge the document size with a subtool on the canvass..in general i don't have this so called error
    so i don't know how to help you
    Luxifer Thanks, I will continue the search in this hell, a hug ..

The Monk (wip test)
    Zbrush for everything, Photoshop for dust and fog.

Last edited by LVXIFER; 03-18-13 at 05:02 PM.

Very cool image .... Your work always inspires!

All the best, David
    And so we came forth and once again beheld the stars.
    - William Styron, Darkness Visible

as always a good strong striking image
    maybe you are interested in this direction
    There are few illustrations that I find interesting
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZKE...09540E6EDE5EF8

Interesting PFC, thx..those images reminds me a bit the works of Grot (check him here at ZBC)

I want to expand the concept behind The Monk (previous image) some suggestions please..
    Well, too tired tonight, so a quick nice doodle..

New Member Follow User Gallery

That last doodle is, from a ZBrush technique point of view, very interesting.
    Can I ask you what the process was for the "cage" part running abovethe softer bits?
    If I had to guess I'd say ZSketch for the base and then a carefuly masking pass with panelling or extrusion+ polishing, but it's so nicely consistent I would love some insight if you feel like sharing. No hard feelings if you don't have the time or inclination

Love the denser texture work on the screen left part of the monk's face, and the top screen left of the robe with that kitinous, detailed look. It's a bit of a shame the rest of the robe seems a bit rushed compared to the high frequency detail of the rest.

I like the cocoon... As for the monk, to me the first thing that crossed my mind is he looks a bit glossy which I understand is how you want him to look, but what if he was dull and dusty looking like he has been in a frozen worship state for eternity(Wow that was deep). With that in mind how about some stalagtights (you know those things that hang off the roofs of caves) hanging from the chin. Perhaps some sort of decayed gas mask?
    Anyway hope these random thoughts help.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughJaco View Post
    That last doodle is, from a ZBrush technique point of view, very interesting.
    Can I ask you what the process was for the "cage" part running abovethe softer bits?
    If I had to guess I'd say ZSketch for the base and then a carefuly masking pass with panelling or extrusion+ polishing, but it's so nicely consistent I would love some insight if you feel like sharing. No hard feelings if you don't have the time or inclination

Love the denser texture work on the screen left part of the monk's face, and the top screen left of the robe with that kitinous, detailed look. It's a bit of a shame the rest of the robe seems a bit rushed compared to the high frequency detail of the rest.
    Thx for watching and comments, about your first question it's pretty easy: i've done the model using zsketch, then i've cloned it and add grouploops. I use the morph target then extruding the main loop using inflat. Finally in the morph target palette i've used make difference so the cage is easily obtained just some polish in the deformation palette. The model is composed of 2 subtools at the end.

About the Monk it is a wip infact you have noticed that some parts are a bit rushed just to see soon the result..i'm glad you like it anyway, for sure i'l work more on this image.

Quote Originally Posted by bfgnz View Post
    I like the cocoon... As for the monk, to me the first thing that crossed my mind is he looks a bit glossy which I understand is how you want him to look, but what if he was dull and dusty looking like he has been in a frozen worship state for eternity(Wow that was deep). With that in mind how about some stalagtights (you know those things that hang off the roofs of caves) hanging from the chin. Perhaps some sort of decayed gas mask?
    Anyway hope these random thoughts help.
    Cheers.
    thx bfgnz for constant support. Just to answer you: yes i've made it glossy because i want him "alive"..what you see like it is ruined by time and dust instead to me it's his real skin consumed and rotten by some ill or i don't know ahah
    so at the end your idea is for sure interesting but in this case i did'nt want the monk "dead". The cloth too will be like a sort of second skin not like typical fabric..well strange ideas eheh. Anyway i'll work more on this image or character maybe adding more monks on the back each one with different characteristics..this monks will interact with the demon post on #898. Maybe that Demon is evoked by some strange arcane ritual. The background of the temple could be less blurred for future images. I've used model posted at #887. Thx for watching.

Great work on the monk! I like this design, keep it up!
    Best regards mutte
    My ZBC sketchbook / Z4beta thread
    My ARTSTATION
    BLOGSPOT
    freelance cg sculptor/creature designer

a nice larvae, it seems that soon give surprises
    a hug