ZBrushCentral

Cnever - sketchbook/concepts

Hi All

I decided to start a sketchbook (well that seems like the terminology used for posting various wip and final pieces created).
I am going to perhaps start individual post for certain pieces to get feedback and discuss the project but don’t know for sure.
Here are a couple of rough concepts some are mine from pencil to clay some are other peoples concepts (will indicate this).

The org was one of my first special sculpts - forumlink

without_hair.jpg
final_comp.jpg

Attachments

final_comp.jpg

The following are just quick ideas:
Turn around link (how do you embed the vid in here?)

dude_3.jpgdude.jpg

I never post anything, geeze almost a year since I post anything. I feel that posting things that aren’t my concepts I shouldn’t post but then I am just procrastinating. So I am going to try and post at least once a month! Some of these are very old and I haven’t been in zbrush for a while so I probably can’t even make this any more hahah.
One of my biggest inspirations is creature box!

cat.jpg
quickee.jpg
robot.jpg

Attachments

cat.jpg

robot.jpg

The joker…

joker.jpg

Some quick clay renders from my first experiment with mech type of stuff - love the possibilities
I am working on the texture and comp now and will hopefully have something that is worthy of the internet

clay.jpg

Attachments

clay.jpg

Looking good my friend … go for it! :smiley:

Cheers, David

@ chalkman - thanks man

Here is the textured piece and all the little tweaks and effects added in photoshop, will maybe post a turnaround and renders without tweaks later - but the model isn’t really done at the back or below shoulder height and doubt it will get done.
Any feedback always welcome!

*** replaced image - the icons did not align with the words - had to reshuffle them, looks like everyone missed this or just laughed haha :lol:

mech_layout.jpg

Attachments

mech_layout.jpg

hey, so I am feeling good and had so much fun with concepting dam, I can do this literally for hours…
Not sure I am going to go with any of these but doing scifi bot again but probably more organic stuff in it and smaller type design? Don’t know… hope find them as fun as I do.

together.jpg

Attachments

together.jpg

Yay I had time to do another scifi ish character. This was a lot of fun and learned a lot - but there were a lot of hiccups down the line as well, hope you like it.
I am also proud to say that this is a pure zbrush render although obvious for me it is quite an accomplishment - rarely used BPR filters etc.
I will post more renders with some psd adjustments and things.

Great inspiration from Daniel Bystedt (I am sure this is obvious)!

front.jpg
back.jpgfront_2.jpg

Attachments

front.jpg

back.jpg

front_2.jpg

Attachments

front_2.jpg

Good work, looks fresh and kwel concept, i specially like the last zbrush you did.

'Such well thought, the pieces musta been hard to place 4.5 stars for me :smiley:

@ freewaldo - Thanks! Getting things to work in concept had its challenges but getting the cleaner topology and executing it was easier with zbrush great panel loops and polish by feature

Nice job! Love the render.

Hey man,

The sci-fi character looks great. I hope my tutorial gave you some helpful tips. Keep it up!

Hey Daniel! Many thanks for the comments, and yes your workflow really helped me with changing my thinking process as well. There are some super helpful tips thanks!!

Here is a turnaround clip rendered in zbrush :smiley:
https://vimeo.com/71802806

** I have tried no idea how to embed vimeo clips

It has been a while, and just wanted to post some WIPs that I am working on in my spare time. It should be completely done in the next two weeks (fingers crossed) I only get a few hours a week to do this ok…
Got some nice workflows with experiments to get hardsurface and good topo. Not production topo yet so might be pointless but enjoyed what I got out of this project. hoping to post some nice renders soon. Now just need to get the last pieces done and then details, and then uv and then texture and then render hahaha.

• Just couldn’t help posting something… lets call it a sneak peak haha

preview.jpg

Attachments

preview.jpg

Update… At least its moving

preview_2.jpg

Attachments

preview_2.jpg

OK got some time for the last push…
All tools are uv’d and now its just the textures and then render setup. Hope to post the final in the next few days so keep an eye out if you like this.

Thanks

uv_maps_2.jpg

Attachments

uv_maps_2.jpg

So close to finished… still tweaking materials and render settings then pose.
(low setting renders)

comp_front.jpg

comp_front_back.jpg