ZBrushCentral

gmp1993 Sketchbook

Thought I’d share a little bit of what I’ve been doing with Zbrush. Now its not a whole lot, just really a hobby right now.

2009 Created this image

2012 I resurrected the old skull and started modifying the model.
Its still a work in progress on the model, but I wanted to play with the new light cap and BPR settings to gimme a idea on what it would look like.
Loving the new rendering settings.

Attachments

Skull LightCapTest.jpg

No Evil-Flickr.jpg

Here’s an update. Textured and finished up modeling on skull. Wanted to try a Comic Book style ink, rendered in Z and Comp in CS6.
Skull Ink Test.jpg

Nice effect, mind sharing your technique?

Here’s a rundown on my technique for toon style on the skull.

1st
render out your images. I used a modified version of Nick Z’s material that you can find at the link below. Had to smooth out the skull a bit due to the surface noise created a lot of noise with the material, but rendered it and undo to get my surface noise back and did my BPR Renders.
http://onirograph.com/comic-ink-zbrush-matcap-pack/

Now go through the steps below in Photoshop to create your effect.
Toon_Tut02.jpg Toon_Tut03.jpg

Need to know anything else, let me know.

Glenn :cool:

very interesting, thx for sharing your knowledge :slight_smile:

Awesome, thanks!

Ive been seeing everyone else doing this technique on here so I read up on it and this is the results. Turned out pretty cool I thought. Gonna have to explore this technique a little more, the results Im seeing on the forum are Awesome.
Skull_Mech_Test.jpg

nice work bro…

another cool skull

Very cool effect on the skull :slight_smile:

Looks cool, rendered in Z?

Yes rendered in Z, BPR passes and comped in Photoshop where I added background.

Looks really cool…
What tutorial did you used? I would like to expriment this as well but I couldnt figure it out…

The tutorial below is what I started with and did a little tweaking of my own.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?103320-Now-Im-having-fun&p=972813&viewfull=1#post972813

Went edgeloop crazy with this one. Took old model I did in TopMod and created more edgeloops to make the stars pop out. Finally did the technique I did on my Skull and applied it to the model. Put my computer through the paces on this one,
thought my computer was going to have a Stroke on this model. Finally 21+ million polys later, a BPR Render, and Comp in Photoshop, this is what I came up with. Hope ya Like :wink:

Beautiful work. Would look amazing as a 3D print.

I thought about printing it, but need to find someone that can print it in good detail. Dont think shapeways can get the fine detail without printing it the size of a basketball and not costing a mass fortune lol.

I completely agree!

Really very beautiful mathematics is the mother of fractals and complexity. But sensitivity is yours. A beautiful work.

I lost your thread and wanted to drop by now that I have found it again to say THANK YOU for the tutorial!!!
I managed it, and I am utterly blown away that someone figured this out in the first place, its not so much math as sheer cleverness I suspect.

That thing you made is gorgeous and I can’t thank you enough for helping me learn how to make one of them.

Cheers!
Mealea