ZBrushCentral

Lone Star Ring for 3d Printing / Jewelry

Hello. I do not post as often as I should. But occasionally I can find time to expose some of my design work I am doing for Kraftwurx.com. We are a 3d print company and provide many services for the jewelry industry. This is a peek at a ring I modeled in ZBrush4r4 today at work. It is a Texas themed Lone Star ring. (Texas is the Lone Star State) This model can either be 3d printed directly in metal via DMLS or as we are going to do. 3D printed in casting wax. The wax model will then be used to create an investment cast. In order to cast the ring in gold or another fine metal. Finally a jeweler will polish the
right and set the stone.

Attachments

Lone_Star_Ring_ZBrush_KWMarco_web.jpg

Lone_Star_Ring_ZBrush_KWMarco2_web.jpg

Very cool ring!
On the website, is it possible to upload a model and have it produced in, for example, sterling silver? Or does the company just print in wax, resin, etc?

Brooke

Yes that is possible. Kraftwurx.com allows you to upload a 3d print ready model (check it with free netfabb basic) in .obj and .stl and other formats. Once the model is uploaded you can set the scale in mm, cm, or inches and choose a material to 3d print it in. Kraftwurx offers tons of materials. There are plastics, clears, flexibles, silver, gold, stainless steel etc. You can also choose from a variety of casting waxes and resins. Those materials on the site are called “Nano-Detail” and “Nano-Wax”. There are many formulations of them for different types of casting methods. Nano-Wax Blue is good for gold/silver casting. And Nano-Detail Olive is best for stainless steel castings. This way customers can buy just the wax patterns of their rings etc. Or they can buy it completed in silver etc.

Does Kraftwurx also buy printers? We’ve got a 3D Systems ProJet CPX 3000 that we’re trying to sell.

Well I have had the Lone Star ring I modeled earlier 3d printed at Kraftwurx.com. I used “Nano-Detail Amber Resin”. (PIC 100) This material is fully cast-able. I will most likely have the ring cast in stainless steel. Here are some photos of the 3d printed casting pattern.
LoneStart_Ring_WIC300_04_web2.jpgLoneStart_Ring_WIC300_01_web2.jpgLoneStart_Ring_WIC300_02_web2.jpgLoneStart_Ring_WIC300_03_web2.jpg
This Nano-Detail Amber Resin material on Kraftwurx.com is very durable and perfect for final parts such as scale model parts and casting into metals such as gold, silver, etc.
One of my favorites by far.

Kraftwurx.com is not interested in any 3d systems machines. We are a re-seller of EnvisionTEC DLP 3d printers though.