ZBrushCentral

Iorek Byrnison's cousin :P

I’m tying to make Iorek Byrnison, from His Dark Materials - the golden compass.

Attachments

01 xxs.jpg

an improved WIP

Attachments

02 xxs.jpg

wip3

Attachments

03 xxs.jpg

Nice! He needs some fur I guess to get the full effect. A job for Fibermesh maybe?

Cheers,
Brian

Haha, I’m actually reading the trilogy, and it’s very inspiring.
Good job, and I think it’s a job for Fibermesh too.

I’m making some tests with fibermesh, but I haven’t achieved the result I’m looking for.
I’m letting the fibermesh for the end, there’s a lot a of things I need to do first (a good polypainting, teeth, breaking symmetry, etc.)

The books are very good, specially when advancing towards the end, it gets way more darker and raw :slight_smile:
loved the last book.

the fibermesh will be the last thing I’m doing for this model. I’m not quite happy with the test I did.

cheers.

fibermesh testing.

Attachments

04 xxs.jpg

renewed armor and new fibermesh test.

Attachments

05 xxsxx sites.jpg

Nice, looks a little too even though, I think there should be a lot more variation in length of the fur. It looks wrong too the way it goes right side the ear. If you look at most animals they have more sparse but much longer hairs inside their ears.

HTH,
Cheers,
Brian

thanks Brian.

I’ve been searching for polar bear fur. You’re rightm I need to create more variation in lenght. Normally around the nose there’s less fur. But the fibermesh when it’s not rendered it’s not that easy to guess how it will turn up when you make the BRP.

Nevertheless I’ve do test more, trial and error.

thanks again for your input, cheers.
Ângelo

another fur test.

Attachments

06 xxs sites.jpg

I guess I’m done, I think I can’t make it better. At least for the moment.

01 moldura smaller.jpg