Member Follow User Gallery

Default Polygroup Question: Please Help!

I have an issue right now where I create polygroups at my highest subdivision level but when I go down in levels then back up to the highest level it completely breaks my polygroups.

I have no idea why its doing this and I would like to know a workaround/fix for the issue. I obviously want to to be able to go up and down in poly count while sculpting but I want it to keep my polygroups at the highest subdivision as well because it is at its most refined.

Any advice would be great!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

maybe create poly groups at lowest sud div level then divide, also when ever u create an object - extract - dynamesh i always hit make polymesh first -
    " crits n comments always welcome ! "

" im not half as dumb as i think you look !! "

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

You need to create polygroups at the lowest level. The reason is because at the higher divisions you can group a face in one group but that same face might make up part of that lower division with other faces that are not part of the group you created. How does the program know if you want that face grouped with one or the other? So it will regroup based on lower divisions and then when you go back up to the higher divisions it's different.

Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the input.

Ill remember to polygroup at the lowest level. I just need to go down in lvls for viewport issues (lots of polys slowing down selections).

Fair enough though what you said makes sense.