Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    USA on Planet Earth somewhere in the Universe

Sent you a PM - Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zber2 View Post
    Yes, you can make a 512 yourself and use the texture from one of the lower rez ones.
    This me on the texture part.
    EDIT: OK I think you mean load one of them then save the texture map and then create the 512 shadow box then follow your steps.
    Last edited by SpaceMan; 09-05-12 at 05:56 AM.
    SpaceMan's Space Book Journal On ZBrush
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...rnal-On-ZBrush

Wormholes were first introduced to the public over a century ago in a book written by an Oxford mathematician. Perhaps realizing that adults might frown on the idea of multiply connected spaces, he wrote the book under a pseudonym and wrote it for children. His name was Charles Dodgson, his pseudonym was Lewis Carroll, and the book was Through The Looking Glass. ***8212; Michio Kaku

It's kind of fun to do the impossible...
    - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMan View Post
    Sent you a PM - Thanks

This me on the texture part.
    Load Shadowbox128 and go to Tool>Texture Map and clone and export that one to use as reference then import it into a 512 Shadowbox. I emailed you the 512 anyway if you want to use that one.

zber2 thanks for your help
    Last edited by SpaceMan; 09-05-12 at 10:16 PM.

Wormholes were first introduced to the public over a century ago in a book written by an Oxford mathematician. Perhaps realizing that adults might frown on the idea of multiply connected spaces, he wrote the book under a pseudonym and wrote it for children. His name was Charles Dodgson, his pseudonym was Lewis Carroll, and the book was Through The Looking Glass. ***8212; Michio Kaku

- Walt Disney

No problem!

I should also mention that the textures used on the Shadowbox are 1024 x 1024 but you can make them bigger (eg: 2048 x 2048) for a bit more detail.

Thanks again zber2 for the texture tip.

Do you know if there is a difference in making the textures as 8 bit or 16 bit ( I have phtoshop and can make them 16 bit if it improves the details within ZBrush).

Does anyone know if the texture where to created in Illustrator CS5 as a vector would it also be and improvement in detailing in ZBrush. Vector > scale it to 2048 x 2048 (or higher) > Import it to photoshop as a vector and convert it to 16 bit and then save it out as an psd.

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMan View Post
    Thanks again zber2 for the texture tip.

Do you know if there is a difference in making the textures as 8 bit or 16 bit ( I have phtoshop and can make them 16 bit if it improves the details within ZBrush).

Does anyone know if the texture where to created in Illustrator CS5 as a vector would it also be and improvement in detailing in ZBrush. Vector > scale it to 2048 x 2048 (or higher) > Import it to photoshop as a vector and convert it to 16 bit and then save it out as an psd.
    The textures don't have to be Grayscale. They can be 24 bit JPEG too.

I just tried it and they can be a 48bit TIF image also.

zber2 thanks for taking the time for checking that out - 48 bit tiff's should be awesome (not sure if ZBrush is 48bit or 16bit or inbetween lol)

How do we create IMM Brushes in ZBrush - well a youtube zbrusher uploaded today a 4 part video tutorial for beginners on how to do it. I think these are well thought out.
    Part 1 of 4

Part 2 of 4

Part 3 of 4

Part 4 of 4
    Last edited by SpaceMan; 09-05-12 at 10:13 PM.

Update to zber2's shadowbox texture tut in post 57.

The text made a smoother ztool, especially in the exstrued areas. Very nice tip on using textures with shadowbox. Thanks zber2.

- Walt Disney

Default re

Zbrush is Way better in every way except one ......

zBrush can make same text as you have in Wings.
    If you know how.

Quote Originally Posted by justadeletedguy View Post
    Zbrush is Way better in every way except one ......
    I think ZBrush can do a reasonable job.

and...about 5 minutes work in ZBrush, War Of The Worlds 2.

@SpaceMan..... I hope you don't mind me posting this. I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by zber2; 09-06-12 at 08:21 AM.

Please don't get mad, you started it ....

and rendered in Blender Cycles

Quote Originally Posted by RorrKonn View Post
    zBrush can make same text as you have in Wings.
    If you know how.
    As RorrKonn says.

I'm going to quote from lemo from this thread he started some time back before ZB4.

here's the link
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?32673-Zeeble-or-Greeble-that-is-here-the-Question!/page2&highlight=greeble

If any one has or want's to post a step by step (or video tut) on how to please do so.

here's the qoutes:

The best fonts are the ones with the least curves. Blocky looking fonts work well as they do not introduce to many jitters. In the end we pull/push polygons, so if those are in a straight line... that's the clearest result.
    Cheers
    Lemo

And Highres means HIGH RES. 2Mio will not cut it. One subd level higher and you are in detail heaven! For this cube I put a few support beams into my house before I dropped it onto the canvas ;-).

Besides that.... Mask with 2K texture or higher... I UV mapped the 2K image onto each side of my cube. So it would require a 2K x 6 large texture to yield the same result on a cube where all 6 sides should be different... The cube itself has 6.x Megapolys... So... yes, it's excessive...

Lemo

PS:jpg make such a mess out of the result 8-(. It's much much sharper on my screen. To bad we can't use .png...

Last edited by SpaceMan; 09-06-12 at 10:44 PM.

- Walt Disney

A collection of ZCV files for you to create ztools with load in these four tools to get different forms terrian3d - helix3d - sweep3d and gear3d

Set 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Free Ztools set1.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	261.6 KB 
ID:	322328  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SpaceMan; 09-09-12 at 01:01 AM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567814 ... LastLast