ZBrushCentral

Angel of Death

Here’s something that I’ve been working on lately for practice. Any feedback is welcome. Thanks for looking.

Photoshop Composites:

Attachments

Composite1.jpg

Composite2.jpg

turnaround.jpg

closeUpLeft.jpg

closeUpRight.jpg

Pretty cool piece, need more gothic stuff around here :stuck_out_tongue:

Shouldn’t the skull mask’s eye sockets be holes? I guess it’s not ‘required’ but I think it might look more intimidating that way. Or even if the teeth were absent but a mandible was placed almost like a chin strap?

The composition in the first image is great, although you can easily see the jagged edges on the AoD’s chest armour. You could subdivide more, or if you want the edge trimmings (for example) to be sharper, you could mask that area and do a mesh extract, (play with the edge/surface smoothing sliders) so that they’re their own subtool. It will take a little more effort now to sculpt scratches across the chest piece and trimmings too now, but nothing that’s a huge hassle. Also his arm muscles seem quite strange, but I’m no anatomy expert.

Thanks for all the advice. I originally made the eye sockets of the skull holes but it somehow didn’t look as good, even though it would make more sense. Maybe if I decide to return to this I’ll try your extraction idea for the chestpiece, or add an HD subdivision level (something I’ve never really played around with yet).

You’re right about the arm muscles. I think when I posed it they deformed kind of strange and I guess I never went back to refine them