ZBrushCentral

Ah Puch - The Mayan God of Death

Hi everybody !!

I did this work for the new Saga’s website. They requested a creature with much details for show to students a example of a work developed in zbrush and 3ds max. I used much photoshop too.

Well, I tried and I hope you like this.

The Demon and God below is from Mayan Culture. Ah Puch is who governs the ninth circle of hell in Maya mythology.

I will post here everything of my research and the progress of this work.

Thank you all !!!

Filipe Hudson

Attachments

Wow!

Nice work!
Amazing job.

Congrats!

that is really awesome. great detail

Well, here I have the imagem in grayscale. This render, I did in Zbrush.

Ah puch is a Mayan God. And in the mayan inscriptions, Ah Puch has his body in decomposition state, with several wounds. He has a head of jaguar too, but I mixed this shape with the human head.
So it can be more interesting for a scary creature, a demon, the god of death.

soma.jpg

I modeled a generic human body with the boneloops, muscleloops and fatloops. By this way I can modify the shape on zbrush with UVs already done and adjust this UV after. Fixing the distortions. It is very easy and fast.

I used a base mesh too, because I already modeled a several characters before, and I only recomend use a base mesh, if you have good knowledge about anatomy and organic modeling.
If you don�t have that, for your studies, is better build everything starting without base mesh.

base mesh.jpgbase morph.jpg

After main shape with Move brush, Claytubes brush and Standard brush. I continued work adding more details.

brushes 01.jpg

After I added the wounds, but some are very deep, so i needed build some bones. I did everything in 3ds max and I added the details in zbrush with alphas and brushes.
I have the references here, but I will not post, because they are very ugly. :stuck_out_tongue:
PS.: I used Geometry HD too

ossos mod poligonal.jpg

caixa-toracica-high.jpg

dente-e-gengiva.jpg

com-geometry-hd.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

modelo-antes-da-pose.jpg

Here the indumentary. I modeled everything on 3ds max and some I added details in Zbrush.

cinto.jpg
cobra-braco.jpgcobra-canela.jpgcobra-coxa.jpg

indum01.jpg
sininhos.jpg
presilha.jpgpresilha-demo-saia.jpg
sino-cranio.jpgargola.jpg

Attachments

garfo.jpg

garfo-fim.jpg

garfo.jpg
garfo-fim.jpglamina.jpg

Well, I did this work prepared for animation, so, I didn´t the pose in Zbrush. I did the rig in Max and adjustments on skin modifier to pose Ah Puch.
I needed make adjustments on the shoulder volume in zbrush, because i didn’t use skin morph modifier.
cs.jpg
pose 01.jpgpose 02.jpg

For the wounds, I modeled a worm in Max and added 5 copies. I Applied Bend modifier and multiplied them on the wounds with paint object tool.

verme-wire.jpg
paint object menu.jpg

vermes-render.jpg

The dude lookin at the snake is sooooo cool, I love it!

Excellent piece of art…why don’t u create a background for that image , maybe a temple or something like that?

Thank you All !!! I’m very happy with your words.

Well, I didn´t a better enviroment because I was very tired… lol, but you are right, maybe in next time. :stuck_out_tongue:

excellent work Filipe … i specially like your detaild “documentation”, very informative … keep it up :+1:

I did the pose, but something was missing. So I remembered that Ah Puch received gifts on mayan pyramids. That gifts were snakes in gold and silver. And all of them were rattlesnake.
Because this, all of his props has rattlesnake and I decided create a real to show this relationship.

I needed build a alpha for the scales, so I talk with Damir Martin and used his alphas like reference for build mine. Thanks Damir !!

The snake, I did a simple low poly model in max and in Zbrush I did what biggest part of work.

For the pose, i built a spline and used the path deformer modifier.

cascavel-ref.jpg
cascavel-01.jpgcascavel-02.jpg
cascavel-03.jpg
cascavel-04.jpgcascavel-05.jpg
cascavel-06.jpg

I will put more about the progress here. Thanks a lot !!!