Thanks for the comments about the buildings. Yeah just some experiments. It's a lotta fun but does have it's limits. Trying to find ways to lighten up the models and keep the detail. Decimation Master helps, but they still have to stay huge unless you decimate more and mess up the details. I'm sure the tools will improve as time goes on. I did do this image with some of those buildings and some new ones, but there's a lot of draw over in this one.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Wow; last image is amazing; love the mood!

-Joseph

New Member Follow User Gallery

Lovely bone forms. The exposed pink flesh makes me very curious as to the anatomy.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Bought!

Amazing Works Man ! keep'em coming !

Beautiful work Peter. Does your alien tute include UV mapping and texturing in ZBrush or PS layers?

Hey Kevin, sorry, hadn't checked this for a while. No I didn't do textures that way on this one. It's just polypaint, rendered in zbrush and mixing zbrush layers in photoshop. Kind of the easyway to do it. I'll do one like that in the future though. Thanks!

No worries. Just purchased it on Gumroad.

Peter - Quick review after about 6 hours of viewing, including skipping ahead to the texturing and post-production in PS.

Great tutorial. I was pleasantly surprised on your use of Spotlight for texturing and polypaint. Very glad you did not photobash your albedo using texture layers/masks in Photoshop.

If I had one very minor suggestion it would be to describe the reasons behind some of your modeling choices. With the vast amount of real world, high quality production experience you have, you should have some cool stories why you stayed away from some design choices and veered into others.

Overall though well worth the $ and excellent quality all around (HD quality video, real time processes, your technique, etc.)

Can't wait to see your future tutorials. Thanks for taking the time and effort to put your work out there.

Thanks Sodak...very good points! I'll try to do a better job of that on the next one.

Default Kitbash creature in progress:

Working on a creature made using a IMM brush of organic shapes as a jumping off point. Trying to get some paint on it now...rotation:
    rotation:

Member Follow User Gallery

love your work buddy! especially the creature stuff. looking forward to see more.

cool critter, peter.
    it kinda reminds me of cowboys and aliens.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Default Stalker

This was done fairly quickly using a kitbash IMM brush I made. Rendered in MODO. It then got a photoshop paintover to finish the concept. I believe this was a one day project. Trying to get quicker with this stuff all the time!

That final image is damn cool. I like the direction you took the character. Nice render too.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast