ZBrushCentral

Peter Konig Sketchbook.

I love the face of this guy! The only thing that I don’t like so much is the hip area, I can’t tell if it is a part of him, or something he has put on. Other than that super awesome, really love the way the skin feels as well, and thanks a ton for uploading the timelapse!

Amazing work, really enjoyed the making-of video too. Pretty educational, I found it interesting how you started from a pretty well sculpted mesh to begin with and then reposed and went from there, I guess that gives a solid anatomical base to work from and then you dynamesh when things get too stretched ?

Cheers,
Brian

Yeah, I just started with the human because I had it already…woulda been fine without too, but heck, why not? That sculpt is all dynamesh…remeshing and UVing right now before painting. Also want to add more decorations and weapons and stuff. Thanks dude.

Hi peter,
I love the sculpt a lot… could you give us some hint on your lighting set up? Did you render it in zbrush or did you do it in a 3rd party 3D software?

Cheers,
Wai

[QUOTE=cgtrinity;972560]Hi peter,
I love the sculpt a lot… could you give us some hint on your lighting set up? Did you render it in zbrush or did you do it in a 3rd party 3D software?

It was rendered in zbrush in Best mode using shadows, of course, and ambient occlusion. From memory, the BPR shadow settings: Gstrength .5 or .4, res 4096, blur at 3 or 4. BPR AO: BStrength at 1, rays 64 (not sure about the rays…default may be right). The Zmat is something called Mah material…I think I found it here in the material dump. I did a little depth blur in photoshop. The movie is assembled in After Effects with a Magic Bullet Looks filter applied. Never got around to adding motion blur, but that makes it look nice too.

The Vuhgn

vuhgn.jpg

Rotation: https://vimeo.com/49024770

Attachments

vuhgn.jpg

Very interesting work and design, loving the skin texturing. Lets see some more :slight_smile:

OMG I get so angry when I get a crash when saving a project. Holy crap did I just waste a ton of time. I’m saving, I’m being good, then bam! AARGH. I need to go for a walk.

rarr!

SCHPRONK_beauty1.jpg

SCHPRONK_beauty2.jpgSCHPRONK_beauty1.jpg

Attachments

SCHPRONK_beauty1.jpg

SCHPRONK_beauty2.jpg

SCHPRONK_beauty1.jpg

Wow… thats the ugliest spider-vulture I’ve ever seen! Keep on going please, its great to see!

I’ve been a huge fan of yours for years. Terrific work here. Could you enlighten us on how you get such great surface detail on your sculpts? are you using noise alphas? Thanks !

Woah! Fantastic! one of the creepiest things I’ve seen on here, nice work!

Beautiful and scary!
Love the fur!

Stunning!

that happens to me all the time.

Hey love the work keep’ em coming!
-Matt

Fantastic designs and great sculpting!

Sean

Thanks, peeps. Here’s a process video if you’re interested.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/49132130[/vv]

So f*ing cool Peter.

Impressive design. Stood out from the crowd. :+1: