Senior Member Follow User Gallery

First, big fan, you've taught me quite a bit! Second, I love this new beast because it's cool and it reminds me of an old sketch I did (tentacle hand bit only - great minds!). It's always a joy seeing you post and I'm looking forward to more tutorials from you!

damn, peter. that last one is really cool.
    good job.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Very cool!

Default Sprawl elements made in zbrush...

SO for this image I of course worked in Photoshop and Zbrush. Here are some of the elements I quickly banged together in zbrush:
    I started with a found photo that had aspects I liked and thought I could ad to:

Then I replaced the sky. I was looking for something different than the original. I found this one in Ben Mauro's photo set of sky images.

Below are some of the buildings I made very quickly in Zbrush using the Surface Noise tools.
    I made primitives, applied layers of different surface noise and then added some kit bash parts I had already.

Some ships. I knew they wouldn't be featured close up but still wanted to quickly kitbash a few. I've been collecting insert brushes for a while,
    not sure who's these are, but it's a mixture of some I made and others from different jobs and Gumroad.

A couple more kitbash ships. Not going for super finished work here. Just enough to give me something paint over. See if you can find them in the pic! ha.

Below are the rough renders I made for the air traffic. It's a simple idea that I could have just painted the regular way in Photoshop but I wanted to see if the
    Nanomesh tool would work. I made a pattern of flat grid strips that made up the traffic lanes, then did a few passes with different nanomesh ship blanks.
    I varied size and position, but kept the shapes generic enough to paint over later to make a variety of ships.

I know this is a Zbrush forum so I won't go into all the Photoshop stuff other than to say the image has a ton of paintover work in it.
    It's not just a few models and a couple of photos. But using Zbrush made the process much faster than painting would be alone. The image took
    maybe four after work evenings to make.

Hope you dig it!
    -P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	citylights.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	636.8 KB 
ID:	491297  

Wow this turned out awesome Peter! Makes me feel lazy Thanks for sharing!

-Joseph

Great stuff, Peter and thanks for the workflow breakdown.

I dig it, I dig it! As Jim Carrey would say "I like it a lot"-
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

Amazing work, Congratulations! And thanks for explaining a little bit of your work flow.

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

New Member Follow User Gallery

Very good job!

Default Bone Soldier

One of those projects where you don't have a plan at all. Fun though.

Keyshot render + Photoshop render layer mixing, no UV's or anything.

Great stuff Peter.
    Really interested in how you used the surface noise to create those details on the buildings. Anymore information you can divulge would be awesome.
    Keep it up.

cool stuff peter!

i just saw this the other day: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-f...ry-140165.html
    congrats on the 20th anniversary...

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

Default Zbrush Summit Robot demo

Here's a robot I did a breakdown of for the Zbrush Summit. Rough Zbrush model then a paint pass in Photoshop. Just a way to kick out a decent looking concept quickly. I'll post video of the making of soon.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast