Default Creature demo for the Zbrush Summit

I also did a breakdown of the process for making this creature. Same idea; quick, rough model, paintover in Photoshop. Video on this later if you're interested.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I streamed your presentation at the summit, and it was really great stuff, very inspiring Peter! Thanks for sharing

Nice man. Looking forward to the video.

thanks!

Your creatures stuff have unique style - with the interesting skeletal protrusion, great details and graphics colors. Definitely +1 for video. I have to watch your zbrush summit for sure.

SAME HERE! Wicked excited for more content. Thanks for sharing, as always!

~MAH~

Default Early Arrival designs...

A couple of examples of some preliminary design work for the film Arrival. I worked on it early in the film's development and little of my work ended up being used, but here it is. The first creature is the one director Villenueve favored at the time, but he did end up going a different direction. Them's the breaks. Also the ship took a different direction obviously. At first they wanted a nearly perfect sphere, but yeah...that changed as well. Some of the ship interior sketches seemed to make it through though.

This one I made using a creature kitbash brush...made quite a few like this but this was the one the director liked the most.

this has no zbrush, but I thought I'd show it just to show the range of weird things I submitted early on.

Very simple concept of the room in the ship. I sculpted the outside of a dynameshed cube then inverted it to make the room.

Clearly the ship went another way. Intitially they wanted a perfect sphere but I started introducing other stuff to it. But yeah, good ol' zbrush again.
    These are mostly very simple concept mainly because they wanted volume in the beginning...lots of different ideas quickly, so I didn't do many fancy concepts.
    Sad they didn't use more but what the hay, I was involve at least a bit and I though the movie was really good, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

Great work you create!

I went through your entire gallery here and decided to add your alien creature course (plus two sets of apha's and kreature brush) to my 'workflow of artists whose work I like' folder.
    I only had a quick glance at movie one - still downloading the 15 or so GB) - but it is already clear that it is very interesting, not only to see you work in realtime but also to see your interface with many custom 'p' brushes.

It's raining outside, I am not very inspired at the moment, so I have time to watch. I prefer this by far! to watching a movie.
    Thanks a lot for keeping things so affordable.

I have a question for you: In the Alien pt1 movie at around 44:10 I have difficulty understanding what exactly it is you say. It is about pressing a key that makes ZBrush scale automatically, something you set at 2.

I guess you're talking about the Tools>Geometry>Size settings , and setting the xyz slider to 2.
    But as it is not shown, I just wanted to be shure.

In that video at 44:10 I'm talking about using the Unify button in the Deformation tab. Sometimes a model is too large or too small and either extreme causes problems with dynamesh so Unify makes the model a sort of average size. Also if your model is too big or too small your brushes won't work right because of the size issue. If you're model is too tiny and you're trying to make a fine line with the brush size set to smallest, the brush may still not be small enought to do what you want it to do. Opposite problem if you stuff is too large...brush will hit it's size limit and cause problems that way. Anyway..hope that answers it.

Great! Well I hope you find the Gumroad stuff useful. Feel freel to message me on Facebook or whatever if you have questions. Thanks again.

/p

Thanks for replying. This alone is worth the 'investment'.
    Indeed: the Unify button. I have read about it somewhere but forgot about it. Never used it. I'll look into it.

What I especially like about your Alien movies is that it's like as if I were sitting there beside you whilst you were improvising, changing your mind, searching, and finally finding the final creation of this alien bust. It shows not only how you use ZBrush but also the creative part, the unpredictability of imagination and evenh the why of why you do something, the relationship between imagination and believability.
    I can recommend this $20 'investment' to everybody.
    Only: it's a heavy download - some 15 GB in huge chunks of 2+GB. The quality is top ( 1920x1080, 29 frames/sec. and 48bit audio ) .

Thanks again, and wishing you a continuous flow of imagination and inspiration!

Default Dune Worms

Hearing all this recent talk about a possible new Dune film got me inspired...Zbrush of course, with photoshop paintover

Damned good!

Default Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire stuff:

Here's a tank character I did for Guild Wars 2 Path of Fire, check it out! Painted and rendered in Substance Painter

And here is the Jackal mount, he's huge and you can ride him around. Fun stuff to make!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tanklg.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	502.5 KB 
ID:	568242   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tanklg2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	400.0 KB 
ID:	568243   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tanklg3.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	568244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackal02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	547.9 KB 
ID:	568247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackal03.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	300.2 KB 
ID:	568248  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jackal01.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	811.5 KB 
ID:	568249  

Amazing stuff!
    I'm currently going through the PoF expansion and loving every bit of it but the best part for me are definitely the creatures and environments.
    An A-net art dump on zbrushcentral would be amazing!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast