Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Trying to see how far I can push (myself) and create something of a scene entierly within Zbrush passes in photoshop. Here's a test run seeing which direction I feel like taking. ..that waterfall will give me nightmares though. just cannot seem to get it looking "waterfally". Also the neon sponge is a placeholder for who knows what? :P

Default Faun bathing

Here's another take on the Faun scene, she's been through many iterations now, but hopefully she is nearing completion. probably time to move on and consider this lesson learned. trying to see if it's possible to create whole scenes within Zbrush. Open to suggestions and critiques

Here's an overview shot of how I set the scene up.

And here is a little overlay of the topology.. not that it played an important role in this scene xD

Default Faun relaxing

I re-adjusted the eyes, sculpted them into a closed position, as I realised I had overlooked them in earlier editions and they kind of.. well yeah did not look great :P
    enjoy

Hi-res https://www.artstation.com/artwork/bathing-faun
    Last edited by SammehSAMURAI; 08-30-15 at 08:27 PM. Reason: The unicorns told me to...

Whoa, that is a really impressive set you built. How did you go about the water?

@Takai, Thanks, The water itself is just a sculpted plane, rendered with transparency and a lot of different spec maps, then in photoshop towards the end, I copied and flipped the image, masked it to the confines of the water and applied a ripple effect. as for the waterfall, well that's pretty messy. got to learn how to make better waterfalls :P but that I ended up just applying a lot of motion blur to the existing particles I rendered until it appeared as though it was kind of like falling water :P

Default Mecha fun times WIP

Hiya, Here's a Mech WIP I've started playing around with after being inspired by watching the Zbrush Summit vids. just blocking in shapes and forms to see if this is the direction I want to go!

Default Inspired by Nature

So I went on a little adventure down the river with Camera in hand, within a few minutes I had a head-full of new ideas based on just seeing twisted branches and gnarly chunks of driftwood, Heres a few hours worth of playing around with an idea based on the photograph I took of the Log
    I had Dragons on my mind, I see a lot of fun and a lot more adventures in the near future!

Default Beastie Wip

Made the Beastie a body and did a quick render in Keyshot + photoshop. haven't textured or painted yet.

really nice approach with the dragon!
    would be nice to see more of these design adventures
    artstation page ---> https://www.artstation.com/artist/fynngb
    my deviantart page ---> http://grimnor.deviantart.com/
    my youtube channel ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/FynnGB

Thank you Fynn, Glad you think so! I plan on using this approach as much as possible from now on, very artisticly rewarding to see/create something so unique inspired directly from nature.

Default Cloud Ram?

Whilst searching for inspiration recently, I looked to the clouds, Looking back at me was a one eyed Ram/Elk/Stag? type creature. I took it as a sign and begun to sculpt the guy, I decided to turn the project into a basic anatomy study while I was at it. Here's a wippy test render, still got to texture and refine

Been a while since I posted here so here is an Anatomy study of a hand that I've been working on, before I start adding details and what not, I would like to know what you guys think? anything need major changing or adjusting before I go onto the next stage?

cheers,
    Sam. W.

Default Anatomy Hand study

Hand update and Turntable.

Default Busty Study

Here's a bust I've been working on for the last few days on and off, based on a little African statue at my home. just threw a couple BPRs into photoshop and was kinda happy with the result

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 915161718