ZBrushCentral

Is this something a script would do?

hey all-
looking for a bit of help. when i make custom menus and put sub palettes in them they’re always in the “open” state whenever i start zbrush.
one menu in particular, has alot of submenus or sub pallets and when zbrush opens, it’s quite a hassle to have to close them all.
so would a script of some sort keep them closed and stay that way unless i choose to open them? ya know, like all the ones under the “tool” menu, for example.

basically what i’m doing is making a duplicate of the tool menu, but taking out alot of the stuff i don’t use daily in an effort to have a speedier and more streamlined interface.
this new menu i’ll leave docked and nothing else in the tray unless i want it, at which point i’ll go and get it from the respective menu.
so any help is greatly appreciated!

You can’t control whether palettes are open or closed through zscript. You might try looking at the Preferences>Interface>One Open Subpalette button (in the Palettes section). Try turning the option on and storing your interface.

thanks, marcus-
…but honestly, having only one open at a time is kind of a downer for me. i tend to keep at least a couple open most of the time.
it seems odd to me that this isn’t something that can be controlled, considering when you start zbrsuh, all the stock ones are always, closed.
well, between this and the fact that i couldn’t properly rebuild the subtool scrolling menu and have it working like it should- the whole menu is something of a bust.
i really appreciate you taking the time however, so thanks again!

I don’t know why custom palettes are open at startup. It may be to do with how ZBrush loads custom menus after loading the main interface.

I found a way that may work for you. You could include it in a startup macro, or have a macro that you operate by a hotkey or press after ZBrush starts. The contents of the macro button should look something like this:

[IButton,???,"Startup macro",

[If,[IHeight,"Sculpting:Brushes"]> 25,
   [IClick,"Sculpting:Brushes"]	
]

[If,[IHeight,"Sculpting:Geometry Options"]> 25,
   [IClick,"Sculpting:Geometry Options"]	
]

[If,[IHeight,"Sculpting:Symmetry Stuff"]> 25,
   [IClick,"Sculpting:Symmetry Stuff"]	
]

]//end of macro button

In the above code, ‘Sculpting’ is the name of the custom palette, then ‘Brushes’, ‘Geometry Options’ and ‘Symmetry Stuff’ are the names of the custom subpalettes. Obviously you will have to change these to suit your set up, and duplicate the [If,[IHeight…] code portion for any further subpalettes you have.

I did find that sometimes the button needs to be pressed more than once to close all the subpalettes. I couldn’t find out why, or come up with a reliable solution. Anyhow, perhaps it will help.

marcus, sir- you are in fact the bees knees.
i’ll give this a go straight away and i’ll let you know what i come up with.
thanks sooo much for helping a guy out!!!