ZBrushCentral

Catch the Dragon!

Hi, my name is Pil Chang. It is my first time posting on here at Zbrushcentral.

I am currently attending Academy of Art University in San Francisco for MFA degree in Animation Modeling.
It has been a year since I moved to San Francisco and I took many amazing classes here at the academy.
I met some really inspiring teachers and I learned so much.
And this summer I took modeling studio class taught by Micah Moore.
The class gave me a lot of freedom and let me utilize my creativity.
Started with silhouette drawings, and drew final concept, finished it with modeling.

The title is Catch the Dragon.
This piece was inspired by kids’ courage.
As we grow older and as we know more about our lives, we get scared and afraid to do new things.
However, when we were kids, we were adventurous and did not hesitate to try new things.
In the scene, the girl is trying to catch the dragon with an insect net. She failed before, but she is keep trying.
People might think that it is stupid and impossible, but why not? Why not just try it even it sounds and looks stupid.
Life is not about getting right answers! Let yourself free from worries!

I hope you enjoy!

The Girl

The Dragon

Youtube Turntable Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPA0yCgjGY&feature=plcp

[youtubehd]0VPA0yCgjGY[/youtubehd]
Thanks!
Pil Chang

Attachments

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

great first post welcome !!

Cute.

That is a great work in most points: nice pose, cute models, very good idea and nice sculpting/modeling!

You should pose more WIP of your work, perhaps telling us what part has been made in Maya and what in ZBrush? (Maya is mentioned on Youtube)

Will you texture these models?

I like it very much !!:+1:

Brilliant …

Great work, love every bit of it, love the dino-esque Dragon, the girls expression the flora, the lot, thumbs up and keep em coming.

I like the concept, and design! Top Row.:+1:

Really nice work man… amazing concept and modelling!

now i have big smile in my face :slight_smile: …really great work…

But that little girl is awesome…
Damn I use that word a lot, but she is awesome.

The dragon is great, but I LOVE the girl. great expression and her hair is perfect! :slight_smile:

This is such a cute scene!

That is a great start to your posts here on zbrushcentral.
How long have you been modeling?

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Thomas - Yeah I will post more WIP next time. I made the base meshes in Maya and took them into Zbrush more sculpting and posing. I’m not sure about the texture yet because a new semester just started and I will be pretty busy for next few months. I might try it over the winter break!

themightyflog - I have been modeling for four years so far and three years for Zbrush.