Small update.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muscular guy_front.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	350661  
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 03-28-13 at 11:46 AM.

Member Follow User Gallery

i can see in thie sillioyte that the torso mucules are about the same hight like the rib cage. yes im sure you added the brush strokes. but you cut into it abit to much i think. but thats what i think. and the back mucles seems pretty good. its alot better then my anatomy. but thre is a cave in your torso part that im seeing. keep at it im sure youll find it out
    cheers

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Adam.Desjardins View Post
    i can see in thie sillioyte that the torso mucules are about the same hight like the rib cage. yes im sure you added the brush strokes. but you cut into it abit to much i think. but thats what i think. and the back mucles seems pretty good. its alot better then my anatomy. but thre is a cave in your torso part that im seeing. keep at it im sure youll find it out
    cheers
    I realized that you were right after looking at the model more closely, so I pinched the bottom of the pectorals to close that cave. Thanks for pointing that out, dude.

New female study (WIP).

BTW, I would like to get some tips on sculpting facial likeness. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 03-31-13 at 07:36 PM.

Hi, good work on the last pieces! I like the muscular guy muscle definition. I'm no expert on anatomy at all, but on the female model, there are some small issues to be addressed to make the model look cooler. From the side view, on the back of the neck, it seems that the transition to the torso is too rough, it needs to be smoother. Also, from the front, the sternocleido muscles are too wide where they meet the clavicle. Don't exaggerate forms when doing females, do smooth strokes, for example on the knees, the elbow. Ok, here's a tip for exercising(I think I already said this in a previous reply but I'll just say it again). Don't start with base meshes. Zbrush has evolved so much that you don't need that anymore. Try doing the models from a sphere or zspheres whichever you feel comfortable with. That way you will have diversity in your silhouettes. And don't forget about references; always have them in front. About the likeness... Likeness is not hard, but it needs a lot of practice. When doing likeness you need to have good understanding of human head and face. Try to do the face from planes or starting from a skull, this is the academic way I think. I did not learn to do heads like that, but I found out later from Ryan Kingslien's tutorials. You need to, first, do a believable head, any head. You need to feel at home when you do a head. And for likeness, some people are more expressive, they have certain features that stand forth; this likeness is achieved more easily. And of course, are those people, that are more generic; you need to observe subtleties. This kind of likeness is more tricky to achieve, but it's not hard, you need to just be patient and have a clean head and eyes. And you need references, front, side, 3/4 view, preferably in the same lit environment with the same appearance. Some persons look different with beard for example, a different hair style. And of course, there are the beautiful women. This kind of likeness is the trickiest to achieve only from sculpture. A good texture, with the makeup, helps a good sculpture. When doing females, put some kind of form for the hair, after you sketched the big forms. Like I said with silhouettes, practice doing heads from a sphere. I think you already have a good understanding of anatomy, you just need more practice and very important, patience. Try to take a break from that, and do some heads for a start. Here are some good references for starting sculpting a head:

http://philippefaraut.com/store/refe...-the-face.html
    http://www.rahulphilip.com/wordpress/?p=1612
    http://artofpros.deviantart.com/art/...ence-173177639
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_VuOy4bBx0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSOX5...ture=endscreen

There are tons of material on the web about head sculpting, these are just an idea.

I hope this helps you on your path of becoming a better artist.

Good luck, you're on the right track, keep practicing!
    All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by nomad(cloaked) View Post
    Hi, good work on the last pieces! I like the muscular guy muscle definition. I'm no expert on anatomy at all, but on the female model, there are some small issues to be addressed to make the model look cooler. From the side view, on the back of the neck, it seems that the transition to the torso is too rough, it needs to be smoother. Also, from the front, the sternocleido muscles are too wide where they meet the clavicle. Don't exaggerate forms when doing females, do smooth strokes, for example on the knees, the elbow. Ok, here's a tip for exercising(I think I already said this in a previous reply but I'll just say it again). Don't start with base meshes. Zbrush has evolved so much that you don't need that anymore. Try doing the models from a sphere or zspheres whichever you feel comfortable with. That way you will have diversity in your silhouettes. And don't forget about references; always have them in front. About the likeness... Likeness is not hard, but it needs a lot of practice. When doing likeness you need to have good understanding of human head and face. Try to do the face from planes or starting from a skull, this is the academic way I think. I did not learn to do heads like that, but I found out later from Ryan Kingslien's tutorials. You need to, first, do a believable head, any head. You need to feel at home when you do a head. And for likeness, some people are more expressive, they have certain features that stand forth; this likeness is achieved more easily. And of course, are those people, that are more generic; you need to observe subtleties. This kind of likeness is more tricky to achieve, but it's not hard, you need to just be patient and have a clean head and eyes. And you need references, front, side, 3/4 view, preferably in the same lit environment with the same appearance. Some persons look different with beard for example, a different hair style. And of course, there are the beautiful women. This kind of likeness is the trickiest to achieve only from sculpture. A good texture, with the makeup, helps a good sculpture. When doing females, put some kind of form for the hair, after you sketched the big forms. Like I said with silhouettes, practice doing heads from a sphere. I think you already have a good understanding of anatomy, you just need more practice and very important, patience. Try to take a break from that, and do some heads for a start. Here are some good references for starting sculpting a head:

http://philippefaraut.com/store/refe...-the-face.html
    http://www.rahulphilip.com/wordpress/?p=1612
    http://artofpros.deviantart.com/art/...ence-173177639
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_VuOy4bBx0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSOX5...ture=endscreen

There are tons of material on the web about head sculpting, these are just an idea.

I hope this helps you on your path of becoming a better artist.

Good luck, you're on the right track, keep practicing!
    All the best!
    Hey nomad, I'll adjust the the neck and the side and post an update tonight. I did a couple of torsos and a few heads with Dynamesh spheres when I got into this last September, but you're right, I think it's time to let go of that base mesh I made in maya and fully embrace Zbrush. I'll start sculpting more heads, but sculpting a full figure has always been more fun (and frustrating when I started), so sculpting a full figure from a sphere will be exiting for sure. Thanks for the tips and feedback, always appreciated
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 04-01-13 at 12:48 PM.

Updated renders and small update to the study.

Last edited by Toxicassclown; 04-02-13 at 04:54 PM.

Quick male head study sculpted from a dynamesh sphere (wip).

Last edited by Toxicassclown; 04-02-13 at 11:41 PM.

Another quickie with a sphere.

Last edited by Toxicassclown; 04-05-13 at 07:54 PM.

Quick female head from a sphere.

Last edited by Toxicassclown; 04-09-13 at 05:27 PM.

I'm taking a short break from the anatomy studies and went a little crazy with panel loops. LOL!

Last edited by Toxicassclown; 04-11-13 at 09:01 PM.

Trying to get into hard surface sculpting. I would appreciate if you guys gave me some tips and pointed to me to some good tutorials or workshops. Used panel loops and extraction.

WIP.
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 04-17-13 at 05:22 PM.

Hi, very nice this last one! Nice design and proportions. I like the female head study, also. Some good hardsurface tutorials can be found on www.eat3d.com. Mike Jensen has some cool tutorials in there. Check it out! Good luck and keep it up! All the best!

Hey nomad, thanks for the feedback. Will definitely check out Mike Jensen's tutorial.

Hard surface practice.

Still a wip.
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 04-25-13 at 08:44 PM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast