Yep! more male anatomy studies (practice practice practice, right?).

feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! still a wip (will finish it, though)
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 10-16-12 at 12:29 PM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Not a bad start. Keep studying anatomy. Those that know it really well study it practically every day, as it's such a complex craft, especially for beginners. What jumps out at me here is that the model could use some more organic muscle/surface transitions. It's all a bit too clearly stated and lacks some integration. Also the torso looks a bit too high up in the back view. The cage may be a bit too wide, and the clavicle could be a bit more pronounced, as it's the most prominent bony landmark in the shoulder girdle. I would suggest studying the reference a bit more and continue refining it. Good luck, with practice you're sure to improve.
    When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

My Zbrush Sketchbook

Member Follow User Gallery

Looks good, keep it up! I'd have another look at those glutes and hammys.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus86 View Post
    Not a bad start. Keep studying anatomy. Those that know it really well study it practically every day, as it's such a complex craft, especially for beginners. What jumps out at me here is that the model could use some more organic muscle/surface transitions. It's all a bit too clearly stated and lacks some integration. Also the torso looks a bit too high up in the back view. The cage may be a bit too wide, and the clavicle could be a bit more pronounced, as it's the most prominent bony landmark in the shoulder girdle. I would suggest studying the reference a bit more and continue refining it. Good luck, with practice you're sure to improve.
    Hey mate, thanks for replying. I know what you mean that the muscles are too clearly stated and basically lack fat. I went in with a clear mind set of showing the muscles to practice how they look. You're right about the torso, i exaggerated it too much and have to adjust it. I'll add more "clay" to the acromium process to pronouce it more. The sculpt is based on "hero" models (or at least I tried to base it on those. lol) so I went big for this one. will keep working on it before i feel the need to start another one from the ground up. Thanks for your feedback!
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 10-16-12 at 08:51 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KingCarter View Post
    Looks good, keep it up! I'd have another look at those glutes and hammys.
    Will do. Thanks for the feedback!

update to the male hero study.

And started a more normal proportion study.

Feedback on these WIP's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	male anatomy_back.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	328706  
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 10-19-12 at 01:13 AM.

BTW, something is bothering me about the upper back where the infraspinatus and scapula are, on the normal proportion study. Feedback on that would be really helpful.
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 10-19-12 at 01:05 AM.

No time to give feedback to a noob?

More studies. Feel like I'm making progress.

Name:	bodybuilder_front.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	328860  
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 10-20-12 at 12:03 AM.

Update to current study:

Name:	bodybuilder_3 quarter.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	328947   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bodybuilder_front.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	328948   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bodybuilder_back.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	328949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bodybuilder_profile.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	328950  
    Last edited by Toxicassclown; 10-21-12 at 07:07 PM.

I think the head is a tad small for his body. You guys thinks I should scale the head a bit?

update 3: adjusted the size of the head and also the features.

A few things you can be working on.

Make sure you have chosen the hight of your character, be it 7.5 or 8 heads tall. There are plenty of references out there to highlight certain land marks using head heights.

Before doing this you must get the head formed correctly, one thing that pops out is the skull should peak at its highest point at the top rear of head, a little way behind the ear. Between the height from the Mandible (jaw bone) and the highest point of head, yours eyes should be between these points. Its not until you get the head right that you can use it at as measuring reference.

So 2 head to the nipple, 3 heads to the navel, 4 heads to the groin, then for a 7.5 head tall man, start from the feet, 2 heads to the knee cap, 4 heads to the joint of the hip, these reference can be found on the net.

Once you get that sorted, then, start to find the bony land marks, and use them to place your muscles from. I hope you dont mind, but I took your head, and used liquify in Photoshop so you can see visually where its wrong. Once you get these things right, you then have to learn the muscles correct origin and insertion, from there on its just practice. its no small thing to learn, but untill you got the basics down, your see random results.

I can remove the picture if and when your want.

Danny.

Name:	correction.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	329428  

Quote Originally Posted by tez View Post
    A few things you can be working on.

Make sure you have chosen the hight of your character, be it 7.5 or 8 heads tall. There are plenty of references out there to highlight certain land marks using head heights.

Before doing this you must get the head formed correctly, one thing that pops out is the skull should peak at its highest point at the top rear of head, a little way behind the ear. Between the height from the Mandible (jaw bone) and the highest point of head, yours eyes should be between these points. Its not until you get the head right that you can use it at as measuring reference.

So 2 head to the nipple, 3 heads to the navel, 4 heads to the groin, then for a 7.5 head tall man, start from the feet, 2 heads to the knee cap, 4 heads to the joint of the hip, these reference can be found on the net.

Once you get that sorted, then, start to find the bony land marks, and use them to place your muscles from. I hope you dont mind, but I took your head, and used liquify in Photoshop so you can see visually where its wrong. Once you get these things right, you then have to learn the muscles correct origin and insertion, from there on its just practice. its no small thing to learn, but untill you got the basics down, your see random results.

I can remove the picture if and when your want.

Danny.
    I don't mind the picture. Now I can see exactly what you mean. Thanks for the feedback, I'll start working on the points you gave right away. Thanks again, mate!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast